Reo Model G 2tn truck from 1926

Juha Paavo Kaita

Hi,

I have a long term project of Reo Model G Heavy Duty Speed Wagon truck from 1926. When I bought the truck it was in very bad shape. Gradually I have made progress but there is still quite a much to do and I am still missing some crucial parts.

My Reo is early 1926 model. The truck left the factory in late December 1925. The Reo was sent to New York to Shippers Storage. From there it was shipped to Turku, Finland. The truck was shipped in a wooden box. The body and the bed was locally made in Turku. The Reo was sold by the company called "Pohjoismaiden Autotuonti Oy". This company imported Reos to Finland from 1926 to 1928.

I would like to contact other owners of Model G trucks and persons who might have the parts I am looking for; hood, front axle, brake cross axle (on the frame bar), front spring rear handers etc.

Juha Kaitanen

Finland

post-77112-0-96875800-1456221724_thumb.j

post-77112-0-34353100-1456222010_thumb.j

Hi,

Here are some of the parts I am looking for my Model G truck from 1926. Of the spring hangers I need the front spring rear hangers for both sides of the truck. I also need a hood. I think the hood is the same used in passenger automobiles - this I am not sure but it looks like that.

Hope to hear from you

Juha Kaitanen

post-77112-0-76460600-1456309676_thumb.j

post-77112-0-39638700-1456309707_thumb.j

• 11 months later...

Hi Juha, I am in Australia restoring a 2 tonne "G"  model, i have not been able to locate any spares here in Australia, I am looking for a carburettor and a workshop manual. I have started a blog on my progress reoresto.wordpress.com if you wanted to have a look, if i come across any spares i will email. there was a complete truck in America on ebay but not economical to bring here.

Paul Rigney

QLD Australia

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Thank you for your note. I have visited your block page and made some remarks. According to my knowledge engine no. staarting with letter W were actually bus chassis. I have one extra engine which came from a bus and its engine no. starts with letter W. Some of the photos you have on your block page show that the Reo truck you are rebuilding is very similar to my Reo. My Reo left the factory in Lansing in December 1925. My truck was sold aas new in Turku Finland in 1926. The very first owner of the Reo was Aaron Svanberg. The truck was used to carry a blocks of red granit rocks in a stone quarry in Vehmaa, Finland. Later someone tried to make a tractor trailer out of the chassis of Reo. The frame was cut into three pieces but the work was never finished. In a photo above you can see the Reo in 1928 and a pile of parts in early 1960. The front axle was taken away and used to make a trailer. At this time some other parts was missed. Now the frame has been welded together.

I enclose a photo of my Model G 4D Sedan. It has been a great help of figuring how different parts go together.

Best wishes

Juha Kaitanen

Finland

post-31714-143139320612_thumb.jpg