63 Starfire 394 A/C Question

Guest Coffeeguy4

Guest Coffeeguy4

I'm adding A/C to my 62 Starfire that has a 63 394 in it.  First question: is the water pump different?  I can't find any info on an AC water pump, but often times there is a difference.  I did get a triple pulley for it from a junkyard via mail.  Second question; I found a stock AC mount for my engine.  It has the generator type bracket on it (instead of alternator).  As you guys would be aware that gen has two pulleys and hangs downwards, which makes it an odd duck for finding one.  Any suggestions?  I'm using a stock (reman) compressor with a Vintage Air Heater and AC Unit. 

Thank you much!

Rick

Good for you in using the stock type compressor. Do not have a clue about the alternator problem, but as far as the water pump goes you might want to try and ask a reputable parts supply if there are two different part #'s for a A/C-non A/C car. Thinking this might be the same s Olds, I'm into Pontiac's, all non A/C Pontiac's do not have a Radiator shroud around the water pump fan and- A/C cars do.

Guest Coffeeguy4

Is the timing chain cover depth the same with an 1963 A/C 394 vs a non A/C 1963 394?

I've gotten two different 3 groove harmonic balancers and neither of them have a long enough shaft on the back to go all the way to the driveshaft without hitting the water pump.

I'm stumped on this one.