Brush Transmission case castings

Bill Erskine

I am in the process of making the patterns and core boxes to get Brush transmission main cases and tail housings cast.  I am probably about 3/5 complete.  I am not sure how much the castings will cost or if there will be a discount for quantity.  So far a have commitments for 2 main cases and 3 tail housings.  These castings will need to be machined once cast.

If anyone has interest, let me know.  Based on interest, I will get estimates on the price of the castings.  You do not need to commit to anything until orders are actually made to get the casting. 

Bill Erskine

erskine@us.ibm.com

• 1 month later...

The patterns and core boxes are almost complete.  I need to do some sanding, final paint and then some more sanding.  They look really nice.  Will have to see how they cast.  They should be done in about a week.   I then need to find a foundry.  Any suggestions? 

Bill Erskine

I am in Northern Vermont.  There are no foundries close by.  I will either need to ship the patterns or make a road trip to deliver them.

If anyone is interested in getting castings from these patterns, they need to make it known to get in on the initial run.  My plan is to do one run and that is it.  I do this just as a hobby and do these types of things to keep my projects moving forward.  Once I got the castings that I need, my motivation to do any more will be minimal.  Not trying to be difficult, just letting people know where I stand.

Bill Erskine