37 Packard 120 Hood Ornament Assemby

pint4

Has anyone ever had to re-assemble their 37 Packard Goddess of Speed with wings hood ornament. I sent mine out to a chrome shop who did a beautiful job chrome plating it.  The dilemma I have is they disassembled it into 3 parts when they plated it. Fitting the body to the base seems straight forward and fits nicely.  The problem is the head is separate and looks like it should be pressed into the body but looking at how thin the wall is around the cavity where the head is pressed in to makes me nervous.  Because it is old and it is die cast, I can see it cracking or a piece breaking out.  Since I already have $950 invested in it, I am more than a little nervous about the process of pressing it in since it appears to be a  tight fit.  Has anyone done this before?  Any ideas?  Thanks!!

I will look but I didn't see a threaded hole in the part that protrudes from the bottom of the head.  The part that protrudes from the bottom is tapered and the inside of the body looks like it had splines.  I wonder if the 39 and 37 designs are the same.  A press fit doesn't seem right for die cast.  I am hopeful someone has a 37 hood ornament that would verify the assembly process.  Thanks.

I checked with the shop and we believe mine is definitely a 1937 Hood Ornament.  The wing is die cast and an integral part of the body and the design looks identical to the pictures of a 1937 Packard hood ornament.  The head definitely has a 1" to 1.5" taped extension protruding from the bottom side of the head and the body definitely has a cavity with splines.  Not sure what to think.