1991 Hose Clamps

Bob Stein

A friend of mine has a 1991 Jeep Wagoneer he plans to put in class judging - He has owned the Jeep for 15 years, but is not sure if the hose clamps are original.  

What type of hose clamps would be correct for AACA class judging on this vehicle?  

He has researched this to the point of digging up original AMC parts books and other manufacturer's lietrature, but they show no photos of the hose clamps..

Bob,

I would agree with 61polara.  I don't have any personal experience with either Chrysler or Jeep products of that era. I would suggest one idea that has worked for me when seeking a correct replacement for a 1989 Buick hose clamp. A quick trip through my local "pick and pull" automotive parts yard revealed exactly what I was looking for. When you see a few of them in a row you will probably be able to see enough to figure out what the original ones are.

• Like 1

IF he has the Jeep parts book, if it's like the comparable Chrysler parts books, there is a section on "standard parts".  That section is for nuts, bolts, fasteners, clamps, wiring connectors, terminals, and such used to assemble the vehicle.  Check that parts book section and see what's in there for hose clamps and that should approximate "as a factory replacement part" what was on it from the factory.

In the normal parts illustrations, they should be detailed enough to see what clamp style was used . . . if the page is enlarged for better detail.

NTX5467

Bob,

I have found factory shop manuals to be the best source for this information since they often contain pictures related to what I am researching.  Your friend should call the AACA Library to see what documentation they may have that may help.  Don't forget, he gets and hour and a half of research free from the library each year.