buicktom

56 Buick Scarebird vs. Wilwood?

Drove my 37 Special for 40 years with drum brakes which nearly got me in serious trouble three years ago in Kansas City during a monsoon. All the drums got wet but the two on the right side were under water which gave zero stopping power. Put on the Scarebird disc kit using the Riviera rotors. They work just as good under water as above and would not go back to drums---PERIOD.

IMG_4939.JPG

• Thanks 2

Benefits of AACA Membership.

3 hours ago, mcdarrunt said:

Drove my 37 Special for 40 years with drum brakes which nearly got me in serious trouble three years ago in Kansas City during a monsoon. All the drums got wet but the two on the right side were under water which gave zero stopping power. Put on the Scarebird disc kit using the Riviera rotors. They work just as good under water as above and would not go back to drums---PERIOD.

IMG_4939.JPG

Evan, would you help me do that to mine?

Ben

Posted (edited)

When considering whether to to go Scarebird or Wilwood, just think about where you get your replacement parts. NAPA down the street or by mail order.

Change master cylinders to a disk/drum one or maybe a proportioning valve, and get the parts suggested and follow the instructions in the kit.

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)