New lock Cylinder won't fit/OEM ACDelco/85 Riv

Guest CFrance729

Guest CFrance729

So recently I got home from work, and low and behold, I could not turn the key and turn the ignition off. After about 30 minutes of fiddling with it and trying to get it to turn, it would not budge. After I killed the engine, I went online and ordered a new lock cylinder from ACDelco on Amazon here. So I get it a day later and go to install everything, but it won't fit. The only difference I notice is that silver pin thing attached to the silver ring thing (no idea what this is called) on the old one on the right side of the picture, that the new one doesn't have.post-155729-0-65411000-1455564132_thumb.

Also, it may just be me but it seems that there is a slight difference here post-155729-0-94747700-1455564169_thumb.

Edited by CFrance729 (see edit history)

The one on the right (your old one) is an ignition lock for a tilt wheel column. The one you bought is a non-tilt lock. That's

why it doesn't  fit. You can buy the right one down the street at your local auto supply....they keep them on the shelf....no need to go online.

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)

Guest CFrance729

Well I went and got one for tilt steering yesterday. Everything looks the same as the old lock cylinder, only thing is, still doesn't fit.

I'm thinking the holes aren't lining up between the ignition and the cylinder, but I don't know why.