1957 Buick Special Restomod Project

I'm with 57buickjim and Ben.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        +2                    Mark

Ok guys! Thanks for the continued interest and prodding! Just got back from a few days in Florida so need to spend some time with some pictures. Promise to get it done in the next few days. Actually the car is.not 100% complete. Have to get the front end aligned, transmissions pressures and adjustments checked and finalized. Needs a final buff and the hood emblem and BUICK letters installed plus the deck lit emblem after the buff. Oh by the way, the hood emblem and Buick letters among other trim items conveniently managed to get lost at the various people involved in the build. I have managed  to replace all the missing parts but now have to have them rechromed ! Oh well. It’s only money!

Hub caps and horn button need installed and I think they are really cool special touch! That will be a bit later. Great pictures are not plentiful as my plans are to have a professional take in the spring. Getting there but don’t quite have the ring yet!

Please stick with me! We are almost there! 10 years in the making! 

Gary

Edited by g-g-g0 (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

OK. here's the car! picture quality is not the greatest and not very plentiful. The best I have for now! Don't know that the paint color has a name, but it is a deep cherry/maroon metallic. Looks black in the shade and metallic cherry in the sun.

1957 Buick Painted Assembled June 2019.jpg

1957 Buick Painted Assembled June 2019.jpg 2.jpg

1957 Buick Painted Assembled June 2019.jpg 3.jpg

IMG_4325.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

• Like 5

Holy smokes Gary! That is one fantastic looking Buick! Really cool and the interior is awesome! Love the 57 Olds dash in it. The paint is amazing in the photos. I'll bet even more amazing in person. Nice Job my man!!! You driving it to Nationals next year?

Thanks for all of the positive comments! Really appreciated. Jim, it is my intentions to have it at the Nationals next year, however I will be starting my 8th decade by then so will just have to see what the Good Lord has planned!!! As I have indicated, this has been a 10+ year project. Ones initiatives, energy and capabilities change tremendously as we age. My advise to anyone is to NEVER start a project of this magnitude unless you are a young man!!!! I am thankful that it is done (nearly) and hope that I am able to enjoy it!

The project has resulted in a pretty nice car considering all of the trials and tribulations along the way. There are a couple of issues that I am not pleased with but when the guy that started the project bails on you (goes out of business) there is not much recourse.  At this point it is what it is!!!!! 

Thanks again!!!

Gary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 6/19/2018 at 8:14 PM, MrEarl said:

Can't wait to see what color it turns out!!!?

Absolutely beautiful Gary. Love the color , love the interior and love all the beautifully carried out custom/mod design you did on it,  just the right amount! Congrats on getting her done  amidst all the challenges and setbacks. Look forward to seeing it AND YOU at the Nationals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mark Simmons said:

Gary, I'm absolutely awe struck by this finished project. I don't believe I've ever seen a more beautiful '57 Buick period !!!

Thank you Mark! That is a very nice compliment but there are a lot of very nice 57’s out there! Mine just appears to be a 57 with a few modern amenities! 

Again, thanks for the compliment! Merry Christmas!

Gary