WTB 1939 Buick Special Inner Control Arm Shafts

Bob H

Need a little help. Just discovered that the new inner control arm shafts that came with the car are incorrect. Of course I need them yesterday. Have a couple of Buick part numbers:

Inner Control Arm Shaft Assembly (complete kits)     6.170   1394945,  Need two

Inner Control Arm Shaft Assembly (shaft only)          6.170   1308448,  or two of these

Thanks, Bob H

To help readers locate the correct parts, what is the difference between the " incorrect" ones and the the ones that you need?  Is it overall length or the spacing between the holes that mount the shafts  to the frame?

Or if you could post a picture of each of them it would help us all to learn the differences.

Thanks

I type laboriously with two fingers so try to impart the most information with the least number of words. Maybe my description of the parts as "incorrect" was misleading. The parts came with the project when I bought it and I assumed they were correct until I needed them. The parts are simply not for 1939 Buick Special but some other application. Either the buyer ordered the "incorrect" part or the supplier, Kanter, shipped the "incorrect" part.

Lesson; always be sure that you and your supplier have a clear understanding of the year, make and model of where and how the parts will be used. A picture or a simple drawing with dimensions may save a lot of hassle. And, probably what happened in this case, when the package arrives open it and confirm that the parts are correct. Likewise, I could and should have confirmed that the parts did indeed fit the car before the need became urgent.

So far, no response to my parts request, are these shafts not available? Neither Kanter nor Bob's list them in their catalogs. I was hoping that someone out there in Buick land would know of a a source for them or even have pair in their forgotten parts stock. Thanks, Bob H