RivNut

It's time for a poll

I've never been one to be in favor of polls but Pat Curran brought up something in reply to a thread started by a new member who recently bought a 1965 Riviera.  Pat suggested that as the new owner is driving down the road he listens to Jr. Brown playing "Surf Medley."  Now if you want to get right down to it, "Surf Medley" is a medley of the following four songs - "Pipeline" by the Chantays, "Walk Don't Run" by the Ventures, "Out of Limits" by the Marketts, and "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers.

My question (poll) to everyone is what is your favorite "Kruzin'" song.

I have two.  One for driving through the parking lot, and one for 'draggin' Main.'

"Harlem Nocturne" by the Viscounts with Harry Haller on saxophone

and "Green Oniions" by Booker T and the MG's.

What's yours.  Please post an audio or video if you can.

Thanks, Ed

Then there's the favorite of everyone who owns a '63

Start listening closely when the the artist starts talking about "It's got a V8 made in '63, Turbine drive automatic what else what could it be.........my Riviera leaves 'em smokin' in its tracks....."

The video itself was put together by a group of Dutch boattail owners and features some original advertising footage - no '63 Riviera in the video.

Ditto on Green Onions.....the best cruising song ever. My other favorite would be the

theme from Route 66.

• Haha 1

This describes a combination of many different individual elements of styles, themes, mediums or inspirations pooled from many sources. It can refer to musical tastes,

Bernie

• Like 1

I only mentioned "Surf Medley" because it was Junior Brown's car at one time and I think the guitar sounds real good as well.  However, my favorite song to drive to is "Highway Star" by Deep Purple.  Crank up that song and put your foot into it!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Pat, you are spot on with "Highway Star". Love that song. It's on my MP3 as is another one of my favorites that has been mentioned "Green Onions". Too many good one's for me to pick just one. I have also liked "Rockin' Down the Highway" by the Doobie Brothers as one to get me in the cruising mood.

I only mentioned "Surf Medley" because it was Junior Brown's car at one time and I think the guitar sounds real good as well.  However, my favorite song to drive to is "Highway Star" by Deep Purple.  Crank up that song and put your foot into it!

I'd be getting a speeding ticket for sure with that one.   Try matching the white lines on the road to the beat of the song sometime. 

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)

I don't know the title, but it's the song about a OLDS ROCKET beating a Chevy. Has a great beat, IMO.

So tell me the title so I can search it out.

Dale in Indy

Good thread Ed, I'll come outa hibernation for this....

for cruisin in the country, can't beat UDUPA DUBA DUPA A....HA!!!!!!

Turn it up!

and cruisin down the west coast...... took a look around see which way the wind blow....

and a little bit louder now

Let it roll baby roll!!!!

LOUDER!!!

and Duane Eddy's

ahhhhh....

• Like 1

but you're right Bill, Radar Love is a hard one to top!!!

Olds 455 ROCKET.

Kathy Mattea,

She's a ROCKET, she's made to BURN. 

Great crusin song.  heavy beat,

Dale in Indy

P. S.  Maybe someone can post this YouTube song.

The car they are singing/sitting in, ISN'T an Olds, it's a 60's Buick. 

Kathy Mattea, 455 Rocket.

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

These are all great songs but the one that gets me in trouble is Turbo Lover by Judas Priest! And I have to say I'm really diggin the Junior Brown!

T

Springsteen - Born To Run, with runner ups Ramrod, Darlington County, Cadillac Ranch, and Badlands. Playing these in succession could result in a speeding ticket. Tom Petty - Runnin Down a Dream. These are more open road trip type cruising songs.

Kudos to Radar Love mentioned above. What a classic that is.

I like that Hot Rod Heart one about getting your Buick convertible out in the cornfields.

post-89785-0-31476900-1455203833_thumb.j

post-89785-0-18364600-1455203789_thumb.j

Might be a lil dusty for some, but I seem to have an awful lot of pictures of my cars on dirt roads.

post-89785-0-60454300-1455204072_thumb.j

Bernie

Nothing so far by the Beach Boys, Jan and Dean, or the soundtrack from Hollywood Knights? (it's Halloween night, 1965!) When I used to cruise my 55 Chevy hardtop, a Beach Boys album was all I ever played in that car. In fact, I think that tape is still in that car.

Here's something interesting. I listened to that Hot Rod Heart song again, just 'cause I like cornfields. And I thought "Hey, sumthin sounds familiar here. To paraphrase Dr, McCoy " 'm a mechanic, not a guitar player" but give a listen to this and Hot Rod Heart

Bernie

• Like 1

I'm goin with "Two Tons". Its Riv' specific and I'm partial to '73's.  :rolleyes: 

Olds 455 ROCKET.

Kathy Mattea,

She's a ROCKET, she's made to BURN. 

Great crusin song.  heavy beat,

Dale in Indy

P. S.  Maybe someone can post this YouTube song.

The car they are singing/sitting in, ISN'T an Olds, it's a 60's Buick. 

Kathy Mattea, 455 Rocket.

Here ya go Smitty, now tell us why it is a Buick and not an Olds interior

#1 Free Bird by Lynard Skynard

Second the nomination on Frampton - Do you Feel Like We Do. 

• Like 1