Peter JL Rickinson

'49 Roadmaster Sedanet Trim Code 70

Peter, I have a 1949 Buick Roadmaster (Black) the same as yours. I am trying to source some replacement cord also. Can you please tell me where you got yours from? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Paul

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Hi Paul,

Post up some pics of your car.  What is it's story?

It was imported from California about 2 years ago. I have had it about 18 months. It is unrestored but in good condition. It has black body work with a light green interior. Some of the cording has frayed and ripped and it needs replacing. I will post some pictures, but the car is in storage so no interior photos for know. I can post some external phots if this will help? The lining around the doors is apparently Bedford cord.

Thanks,

Paul

Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2020 at 4:54 AM, Paul Traub said:

Peter, I have a 1949 Buick Roadmaster (Black) the same as yours. I am trying to source some replacement cord also. Can you please tell me where you got yours from? It would be much appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Paul

Bedford cord - try SMS Auto Fabrics in Washington State.  https://smsautofabrics.com/

FYI - They will make the grab-straps or pull handles that mount on the vertical pillars.

Edited by Dan O (see edit history)

Dan, many thanks it is much appreciated. I am also posting some pictures of the car.

Paul

IMG_3685.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg