Hupp36

1927 Pierce Arrow Model 36 Limo

Well Thanks  to my good  friend  Dale, he  said that  I  was  the  only  one  that  should take  care  of  this  car, it now  is  in  N.h. in my  care  and  custody as  he  wished. I  will do  my  best  to  carry out  his  wishes.  

Well after getting  the proper insurance needed, its  time  to  take  the  P/A out  to see the  community and  let  the  town  people  see  a car  that  has  never  been  seen in  a  small town  like  where  we  live. I  signed  it  up  for  a  show  on  Aug.  4th. Dale  would be  happy  that  I  am  showing  the  car, I  am  happy  toooo.

• Like 1

Please joint the Pierce-Arrow Society as Dale had.  There is a North East Region that has a get-together each year.   

The Pierce Arrow Society has an annual meet each year in various parts of the country. This year, 2018, the meet was in Grimy's back yard: North of 

San Francisco in Sonoma Wine Country.  It was a wonderful meet.  Several PAS members from New England arrived and had a great time.  

Next year, June 10-June 16, 2019, the PAS Annual Meet will be in NE Indiana, in the Pokagon Indiana State Park.  We will have 3 days of touring and a great

car show/judging show on the grounds of the host Inn within the State Park.  

If you can come, we'd sure like to see you and your wonderful car at this meet.  Look on the Pierce-Arrow.org website for more information, or in the PAS publications.  

GLong

I  am  a member  of the  Pierce  Arrow Society  and  have  been  one  even  before I  was  the  owner  of  the  1927  Model  36 Limo. I  plan  to  make  as  many  meets as  possible  for  me.. I am  currently restoring  a 1925  Ajax  and have  several  more  Hupmobiles  to  restore. Money derived  form sale  of these  cars  is  what tells  me  how  many  meets  I  am  able  to  make. My  main  concern is to  keep  the  Pierce as  it  should  be  as  a piece of  history.

The  show  got  rained  out  Saturday  so  the had it  Sunday. Dale  would  be  happy, picked  up a trophy. My  trophy is  showing  the  car  and  telling the  people  about  its  history. As you  can  see by the  pic it  was  a country  setting.

DSC03545.JPG

DSC03543.JPG

Just 8  weeks  left before  I  can  take the Pierce  Arrow out of  winter  storage and drive a  real  car.  Its   a  long  winter when  you  can  not  drive a car  that makes you  feel like  a  million bucks.  I  did manage to  get  the  front fender  of  the  1926  Ajax repaired so  I  can  sell  that  car  when  I  get  back home.

Chuck, I hope you and this wonderful Pierce are planning to attend the PAS Annual Meet in June at Pokegon State Park near Angola, IN, just over the line from Ohio.  See Greg Long's post further up in this thread.  We'll have three days of touring with excellent waypoint attractions, and a judged show on Saturday.  GREAT networking opportunity!

You need to move south! We moved to North Carolina in July from Maine and I have not bothered with fuel stabilizers this winter, I had my Model T out at least once a month, usually two or three times and we took our “new” 1931 Model 43 to the Cape Fear Chapter AACA Show this past Saturday. Something I would not have dreamed of doing in all my life up north, what a difference!

I really wish we could make the PAS meet in Indiana, but thanks to the damage Hurricane Florence did to our local schools my wife will still be working that week... hopefully next year it will be close enough to drive.

8A6B45E9-5EE5-4E38-87BE-1AFFF5629DAB.jpeg

• Like 1

Well I  took the  car  to  N.H.  because  i  was  worried about  it    getting destroyed in a hurricane. Its locked inside  a  steel trailer, inside a  steel  building so mother  nature can  not  harm a piece of  history. When  Dale blessed me  with  this  car,  I  told  him  i  would  keep it  safe. If  I  can  sell the  1926  Ajax  when  we  get  home, there is  a  good  possibility we  can take  the  Pierce  to  Indiana.  George and  Mark,  thank  you  for  the  encouragement. 

Well in  two weeks I  will  be  able to  drive a  car  that a poor  boy  like  me only  dreamed of  owning. Hopefully the  snow  will be  gone  and the  roads salt  free. If  not  at  least  I can check it  all  out  and  get  it  ready for touring when  the  roads  are  ok.

Well Mothers day  was  a good excuse to  take  a  ride in  the  Pierce.  With both  of  are  Moms in  Heaven, In took the  mother  of  are 2  children  out  to lunch. 

Mothers Day Lunch 001.JPG

• Like 2

I saw your ad in the PAS emporium.
Very sorry to hear that you must sell your beautiful Pierce.

You may want to post it here although I have heard others say this site isn't the greatest for selling cars.

I saw your PAS ad, too, Chuck.  I'm really sorry you have to sell her and wish you the best in finding a Next Custodian even half as dedicated as you have been.

When   Dale told me  he  wanted  me  to  have  this  car when  he  was no  longer here, he also  said,  Chuck,  I  know that you  are  not a  rich  man  and  you  may  have to  sell  the  Pierce Arrow in  order  to  keep  it in  the  great  condition its  in. I  cannot find  the  words to  tell people  how  sad it makes me  to  be  faced with  what  I  have  to  do.  

Well  things do  not  look  good  for  me  selling  the  car, got  an offer and  my  next  door neighbor paid  $20,000 more for  a pickup  truck than  I  was  offered.  I  will not  take less  than  I  feel its  worth.

Posted (edited)

Well,  I  think  I  had  help  from  a higher  power  and  I  sold  the  Ajax. The  Pierce Arrow  is going to  stay  in my  possession  for  a while  longer.

Edited by Hupp36
word spelled wrong. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That is great news.

Your Pierce is a wonderful car and with your emotional attachment and labor of love it's been for you, it should stay with you for a long while.

Took the  Pierce to the  Charity Concours of  N.H. I  was  very  pleased  when the  Pierce got  2  trophy's.  They  will  go  to  Fl.  and  be  placed with  the other  trophy's  that  the  Pierce   received when  my  good  friend  Dale owned  it. The first one  was  The  Boston  Cup. This  trophy is  given with an  invitation  to the  Boston Cup  car  show  on the  Boston  Common. It  is  by  special  invitation  only.  Only  100  cars. The  second  trophy  was for  Pre  war american  cars. I  was  the  only  car  that  got  2 trophy's. See Pic.    These  are  for  Dale,  the  Pierce is  my  Trophy.

Not  Do No 003.jpg

Not  Do No 004.jpg

Not  Do No 006.jpg

Not  Do No 007.jpg

• Like 1

The  feeling  was  mutual, to  see Bugatti's  Duesenberg, although it  was  a replica and  a Rolls-Royce and  so  many  great cars at  one  show  was just the  icing  on the cake. Its  hard  to  believe so  many  great  cars  were in one place in  a small  town  in  N.H.