Looking for rightful owner of AACA Medallion

I have in my possession a Silver Jubilee 1935-1960 medallion. Three inch in diameter and very heavy,. It is inscribed for.......Editorial Service. Hopefully the rightful owner or his family have an interest in this fine momentum. It was purchased by me at a car show a few years ago. It has no special sgnificance to me. I would be happy to return it without charge ( free ) to the person that should have it. It is not for sale.

Hopefully the owner or his family will see this post! Wayne

Maybe you could contact Nationals, or Steve M and they could possibly find out who it was presented to? Just a thought.Dale

Obviously from his number of recent posts, Steve is a regular reader of this forum, so maybe he will see it and can help. Wayne

Edited by AlCapone (see edit history)

My understanding is that many of these were given out and not to just one person.  We could research all the names but it would be a good size project right now and we are in full national meeting mode with little time to handle this.  Maybe after we get back from Philly.

Interesting post for the detectives among us, a Silver Jubilee medallion presented in 1960?  

That's 55 year ago making the recipient at least 85 years old (Assuming they were at least 30 at the time)

If they were 40, that makes them 95, if 50 it's 105 and if they were silver haired like most active AACA members today that makes them 115.

My guess is that it was a treasured award for a former member's lifetime and became expendable after their death, now being just an interesting collectible.  Like some old picture frames I bought with a long deceased Doctors diplomas in them.

Interesting post for the detectives among us, a Silver Jubilee medallion presented in 1960?  

That's 55 year ago making the recipient at least 85 years old (Assuming they were at least 30 at the time)

If they were 40, that makes them 95, if 50 it's 105 and if they were silver haired like most active AACA members today that makes them 115.

My guess is that it was a treasured award for a former member's lifetime and became expendable after their death, now being just an interesting collectible.  Like some old picture frames I bought with a long deceased Doctors diplomas in them.

I certainly appreciate your point that the recipient nay no longer have an interest. But as a child that would love to be able to find memorable items related to my parents I was hoping the same might apply and a surviving relative ( child, grandchild, brother, sister ) might be appreciative. I also was offering it free including shipping so price was not going to be a consideration. Bottom line is I retried and that us all that I can do. Now it goes into my collection. Thanks Paul, Wayne