1933 Plymouth PC speedo and oil gauge.

countrytravler

Plymouth came with 2 different dashes for 33 occording to my research.  I thought the same because we sold a 33 Plymouth that had your style dash in the car.Possible late 32 into early 33? Certain models carried it? Do some research. That is what I came up with and the were marked. I'm not a 33 Plymouth expert. Maybe somebody can chime in and tell us. 

Thanks

Dave

Guest DodgeKCL

Basically what happened was the 1931 started the alphabet at 'A' i.e. PA. Then the 1932 was PB. Then the 1933 was PC. BUT the PC didn't go over for various reasons and Chrysler blinked and jumped to what would have been the 1934 Plymouth i.e. PD. So 1933 ended up with 2 basic models in one year. This being why you can find the 2 different dashes. There were also some other variations on the 2 themes called PCX and PDX and PCXX and we seem to be finding others as the years go on. Most on the other side of the pond.    

Basically what happened was the 1931 started the alphabet at 'A' i.e. PA. Then the 1932 was PB. Then the 1933 was PC. BUT the PC didn't go over for various reasons and Chrysler blinked and jumped to what would have been the 1934 Plymouth i.e. PD. So 1933 ended up with 2 basic models in one year. This being why you can find the 2 different dashes. There were also some other variations on the 2 themes called PCX and PDX and PCXX and we seem to be finding others as the years go on. Most on the other side of the pond.    

Thanks for the info.

. . . There were also some other variations on the 2 themes called PCX and PDX and PCXX and we seem to be finding others as the years go on. Most on the other side of the pond.    

PCX and PDX were export versions. PCXX was the stripped down PC that was continued after the introduction of the PD in the spring of '33. I'd have to check the parts book but I think there was also a PCXXX for the export version of the PCXX.

Lots of running changes so check your car's serial number and/or engine number when looking things up in the parts book.

Edited by ply33 (see edit history)