1931 chrysler 2 door FS

Guest ironworker95

Guest ironworker95

i was in search of a new hot rod project and came across this 31 Chrysler. after purchasing  it and  looking it over ive come to the conclusion tat it would be a shame to cut this complete car up for a hot rod. I don't have any info on it however im asking 7500.

1931 CM6 2 door with rumble seat

contact ironworker95@aol.com

757 342 3710

31.htm

post-155966-0-99538600-1453218831_thumb.

Hi,

Sorry but that's not a 31 CM6. Appears to be a 1930, but definitely not a 31 CM.

I must agree. It is NOT a CM6. Here is a CM6. Notice the body lines that go down the sides of the trunk....

Yours appears to be a 1930 Model 66 with that gap in the center of the hood louvers.

post-81542-0-14414600-1453223628_thumb.j

post-81542-0-18486700-1453223640_thumb.j

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Could you post some more pictures, it's appreciated that you think it's to good to cut up and make a Hot Rod. It never goes back once it's a Hot Rod and from what I see it's a very nice car at a good price.

Ditto to Roj,

There are many cars which would make more sense to cut up than this one.  I presume it has been restored at some point, else it might even be one of those HPOF candidates!  May I ask the asking price for this car?  I notice Keiser is so upset that he is not responding!  ;)

Ditto to Roj,

There are many cars which would make more sense to cut up than this one.  I presume it has been restored at some point, else it might even be one of those HPOF candidates!  May I ask the asking price for this car?  I notice Keiser is so upset that he is not responding!  ;)

Actually, I DID respond and I will add that it IS too good of a coupe to turn into a rod. If I had some money, I would own it. The original poster says it is a 1931, but in those days, it was VERY common to title a car that year it was sold and not the year it was made.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest ironworker95

Definitely a 1930 Series 66 Royal coupe. It came equipped with a rumble seat, an opening rear window, step plates and an outside spare. It cost $1075.00 and weighed 2850 pounds. It was 177 inches long and 3257 were built. 

thanks for the replys. rest assured I will not cut it up. and yes at some point in its life someone did restore it then it appears the family I got it from parked it out in a field un protected for many years and forgot about it. al this info is fantastic if they only made 3257 of this model do I have a rear gem on y hands?

Guest ironworker95

http://www.conceptcarz.com/z25181/Chrysler-Series-66.aspx

The first Chrysler automobile to appear on American roads was a 1924 model, and Walter P. Chrysler's new car enjoyed immediate success.

This 1930 Model 66 two-person coupe is one of 1,600 built in 1929 and 1930. The Depression years were devastating for the country and for the luxury automobile industry in particular.

The Model 66 was named for its 66 mph top speed. This particular car is the first of twelve two-person coupes built in 1931 as a carryover model. Unique to these twelve is the curved headlight bar, and the model 66 emblem. This Chrysler is equipped with its original 218 cubic-inch engine and 3-speed manual transmission. The cost of this car new was under $1,000. Very few of these cars exist today