Seat Recline Motor

Tom_

The small threaded stud in the driver's side seat recline motor pulled a murder suicide on the threads in the motor base.  Stud's threads are trashed, and the hole in the motor base is like machined smooth from trying to get a coarse thread tapped and put in as a last ditch effort to save it.  Found out after rigging a temporary fix that the motor somehow seized anyway and wouldn't work with 12v applied directly applied to the wires.  

Does the Reatta share at least the mechanical parts from the seat with say a Riv or Park Avenue? If not I'm in the market to buy a driver's side one from anyone here who has a spare laying around.  

Edited by Tom_ (see edit history)

Reatta's do share parts with Riv's and Parks.  Best late 80's through mid 90's parts source is the passenger front of a Park with power head rest as it has one of everything and two of the seat bottom tilt which is the motor that breaks most often.

I repaired a lot of Park seats a few years back, still have a bucket full of GM seat motors, might even have a recline motor out in the shed.

If you happen to find a recline motor PM me and we can compare what they look like.  The rest of the motors work fine enough, although every once in awhile the forward/backward adjustment needs a good smack with a wrench to make it move again.  But I'm the only one who drives my car, so once everything is set the way I like it, it never moves.

Barney, maybe you know of more GM vehicles that used the same seat parts as ours do.  If I can't find one from anyone here I'll be headed to the salvage yard Wednesday and I want to know what to look for beyond '85-'94 Rivs and Park Avenues. 

All of the motors under there have yellow shafts.  That one doesn't look exactly right.  When I get home from work I'll take a picture of the motor as it's mounted.  Essentially it's just a motor with a threaded shaft right through it's center and a spring to help it.  It has a longer shaft that goes to the other side which has an unpowered version with the same spring and threaded shaft.  Sort of a master/slave configuration.