40 Ford interior

Installing a Lebaron Bonney kit requires some knowledge of upholstery techniques. There are a couple of techniques that are needed for the headliner and the seats.

You can search U-Tube for videos on installing an upholstery kit.

The Ford Forums have many comments about how detailed the instructions are from Lebaron-Bonney, compared to the Catouche kits. The Lebaron-Booney kits also have better material.

Here is a link to some videos from Lebaron-Bonney

http://www.lebaronbonney.com/instructions.htm

just as Walker is doing I will have a professional install mine. 19tom40, are you saying a LeBaron-Bonney kit is less user friendly than a Cartouche kit, thus needing more detailed instructions? The installer I talked to wont even talk price until he has the kit and the car in front of him to price it. So it makes me wonder if the LeBaron kit is going to be more $$$ to have it installed too. 

I am having an upholster do my 40 Ford Standard tudor. He has done other makes of cars for me,but not an early ford. Just thought I could show him a picture of headliner around front  around windshield and package tray,  I found a 40 that I can go and take pictures of. edhd58,I will keep you informed on how mine turns out.

Thanks guys for information,

Walker

I agree with your trimmer, not giving a price until he sees car and kit together.  Any kit I've been involved with has needed tweaking to fit correctly.  A trimmer, with a kit to install, is at the mercy of the pattern used, the worker who assembled the kit, and the bodywork and restoration done on the car itself.  Panels not fitting correctly, holes for fasteners filled in or blocked on backside due to repair work, the list goes on of things that can give a trimmer fits.

Back to the original question, surely there is reference material for a 40 Ford available, and hopefully the one Walker found to go look at is correct and a good reference.  Hope your installation goes well....

Here is how it looks like mine is going to go. Gonna get the hard-board patterns, headliner and hopefully the visor covers from Cartouche, Looks like I am going ti use the upholsterer close to me. Talked to a guy last night that has had the upholsterer I have been talking to do several cars. He said he's been very pleased with all his work. Around  $5k for the interior top to bottom installed and the seats and panels will be custom made and seat frames repaired.