Sign in to follow this  
MrEarl

Not quite what Harley had in mind

or maybe it was Ned who designed the first sweepspear? Anybody know who specifically that credit belongs to? I know Ned Nickles came up with the portholes and I would imagine the sweepspears but ?

s-l1600.jpg

A Premiers Models Skylark currently at auction on eBay with stating bid of $40 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Premiers-Model-Sport-Car-Kit-1954-Buick-Skylark-Assembled-Kit-523-89-with-box-/331754569313?hash=item4d3e1cfe61:g:oT8AAOSwFqJWmCQv

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Well, the UPSWING sweep spear, maybe, just maybe means,UP, UP and AWAY.

I,,, even as GREAT as I am, would have trouble painting SCALLOPS on that baby, hehe

Dale in Indy

P. S. I was asked to display the 1946 Buick parade float model in a National WoodWorkers show here in Indy this weekend, so it is on display for thousands to see, LUCKY ME.  My GOOGLE locomotive is on display too, and being judged with other works from several states, we will see.

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Excited are we Smitty? :lol:  And you should be, you do some magnificent work. Start a new thread and let us know how it comes out. With pictures!!! :)

Mr. Earl, I am EXCITED that in the next month or so I will reveal my Buick inspired 1927 Miller, Buick straight eight powered model Indy race car,  30" model.  It's a 1-5 scale, and will rest on a wooden/board track section.  Banked as much as 40-degrees.

'

I have over 1000 hours in the build, many more to go.  Only Dave, 'XP300' has seen build pictures, I LOVE MY BUICK BUILDS, plain and simple, HEY, my dad often said " IF YOU DON'T DRIVE A BUICK, YOU ARE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH.  Nearly 60 years with Buick, he was a TRUE Buick guy. He had a great sense of humor. 

I will post pictures of progress, and finished product soon.

Dale in Indy