Chrysler TC by Maserati VIN's Update

So does anyone have a decent guesstimate as to how many TCs are still on the road today? 

I read somewhere a long time ago that only about half of the cars were still on the road as of 2000 (or was it 2010--I can't remember).  Watching the steady stream of obits on this forum of cars that have been wrecked, parted out by their owners, or turned up in a junkyard, I am guessing we are losing 2-3 per month.  I'm sure the real rate of losses is probably significantly higher.

So how many runners have been accounted for on this forum (I tried counting but ran out of fingers and toes)?  Even if you doubled that number to account for TCs owned by people who have no idea this forum exists, would that even cross the 500 mark? 

Guest Gottabee

I own these 2 TC's:

202100.   Yellow paint, ginger interior, black top, 16 valve DOHC

208471     Yellow paint., black interior, black top,  V6

thanks for your work compiling this list.

Guest Coronet440

I think a new column needs to be added to this list so we can keep track of the living and the dead.

I've been watching Craigslist and cross-referencing it to this list, may be another good way to pull in more vins.

• 2 months later...
Guest Daves Garage

Bob, as per your post on my thread;

The manufacture date is 07-89.  Last 6 digits of the VIN are 204268. It has a black soft top. The above link shows the color of the interior, unsure what you call it. Was sold new at Bill McIntosh's North Seattle Chrysler/Plymouth Dealership for $31,000.00 on Nov 25, 1989.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

[ ZC2FR1207LB206504  1990  White  Black Tan  DOHC ]     Submerged in 9 feet of water in North Carolina, dollied back to CA.  

Engine (Rebuilt and sold) and transaxle ( currently in my 1985 Chrysler Laser.  White hard roof is on 200766, my red 89 TC.

Black seats went into my 1981 Dodge Aries, since scrapped as was much of the original car.

MVC-004S.JPG.03b87f2326617c8a5c0a2486de6640c3.JPG.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not counting junk yard, parts cars and salvage in my notes column which I do not publish, I have exactly 800 TC's in my list.  This is an old thread as each time I send out a revised thread I attach an "Update Date" to the title.  A revised thread will have all the old VIN's plus any updates and/or changes.  My notes contain things such as the exotic red TC for sale on eBay which has been painted gold.  I do not add to the thread VIN's I know but the owner has not notified me of adding it to the thread. I probably have 50 others in this category.  I do publish cars that are publicly identified in eBay or other for sale articles showing their VIN. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Garnet & Gold said:

Not counting junk yard, parts cars and salvage in my notes column which I do not publish, I have exactly 800 TC's in my list.  This is an old thread as each time I send out a revised thread I attach an "Update Date" to the title.  A revised thread will have all the old VIN's plus any updates and/or changes.  My notes contain things such as the exotic red TC for sale on eBay which has been painted gold.  I do not add to the thread VIN's I know but the owner has not notified me of adding it to the thread. I probably have 50 others in this category.  I do publish cars that are publicly identified in eBay or other for sale articles showing their VIN. 

I am really curious what numbers your updated list will show! :)

• Like 2