need tool to remove '32 rear hub

bmg1959

I was wondering if someone can tell me where I can get a hub puller or how to make one.

The rear hub looks like there are threads on it. Is that the best way to pull hub, screw a threaded bell on there with a center bolt to push the hub off, After you remove the big nut of course!

Thanks for your input, 

Brian

I second the recommendation Larry made. George made one for me to use on my 1932 67S rear wheels 2 years ago and it worked great.  He wanted to know the thread count which I supplied to him.  There is one vendor at Hershey that has a table full of them but no indentification of what they fit.  I bought one cheap because I thought it would fit but it did not when I got it home.

George told me his son would keep up the manufacturing of the pullers when he became unable to do so.

Chuck

The pullers mentioned are perfect for the job, but I've used a Posi-Lock puller on my 31. These things are expensive but have pulled anything that has even a small lip on it. The rear hubs on my 31 have a 1/4 " ridge on them and that was all this thing needed to grab the hub. The bonus is I can use it for all kinds of pulling jobs not just for the specific hub.

post-139034-0-32733800-1452909636_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

I have backed off the hub nut and drove the car around the block a few times and that

Has loosened up the hub were it can be pulled off pretty easy, if not back the nut off some more and do it again, have done this on Packards Lincolns my 32 Buick and lots of As.

Also have a nice old hub puller that works great, if you don't feel like doing the drive send me a PM, I will help you out.