Walking in the woods....

Guest joelonzello

Guest joelonzello

Hiking along railroad tracks & thought we found an old sign. Turned out to be a very rusty tailgate from a Crosley face down in the leaves. Turned it over & this badge was still attached.

post-148236-0-71142700-1452708869_thumb.

No that is a definite Crosley tailgate insignia anywhere from 48-52. It was also used on sedans and pickups in some years.

Not to mention the fact that, while not really legible in the photo, the vertical lettering beneath the "Crosley" lettering reads:  "A Fine Car".  :D

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1

My phone isn't clear enough to read that, but I believe you guys

The first house we bought when we got married had a junk Crosley freezer in the basement.

I guess thats why it came to mind

I don't think a Crosley automobile would have been much more work to move, that sucker was heavy

My Dad was a Crosley dealer (Gregg Motors) in Miami, Florida until they went out of business in 1952.  He attended a dealer's meeting in Cincinnati sometime around 1950 or 1951 and won as a door prize a Crosley chest-type freezer.  He and Mom had that freezer until they moved into a condo in 1986.  The Crosley freezer was still going strong at the time, and they sold it as part of their moving sale.

Just a bit of useless, but, perhaps interesting information.

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1

Guest joelonzello

. Neat piece! hmmm, just  curious, was it close to a road crossing? :wacko:

Railroad tracks run through wooded area near power lines.....