1963 Buick 24,000 mile Warranty Extension for Owner's Manual. Very Interesting!

Jolly_John

This is a 1963 Buick-only Factory Warranty Extension add-on page for the original Owner’s Manual. This is neat....in the Fall of 1962, Buick apparently made a decision to extend the 1963 factory new car warranty from 12 months or 12,000 miles to 24 months or 24,000 miles. However, a number of the owner’s glove box manuals for 1963 had already been printed in anticipation of the new Buick introduction. So, Buick sent their dealers a supply of new warranty pages to be glued to the 1963 Buicks they already in inventory. Who knows just how many dealers actually bothered to do this? This is explained in a letter from Buick to its dealers. I'll also send you a copy of this letter.

So, you get one of these original 24 month or 24,000 mile factory warranty pages (with a glue strip on the back), and a copy of the late December letter that Buick zone offices sent the dealers explaining the warranty upgrade and asking them to fix the owner’s manuals. The letter copy I'll be supplying you happens to be from the Milwaukee Zone Office. Everything is in excellent condition. The price for the upgraded warranty page and the informational letter from Buick is $11, plus $4 shipping in the U.S.    (NOTE: I have several of these original warranty extension pages and info letters available, so more than one buyer can be accommodated.)

post-76897-0-12700300-1452655213_thumb.j

post-76897-0-41795100-1452655230_thumb.j

Edited by Jolly_John (see edit history)