Someone needs to save this thing ASAP...'41 Continental

Aaron65

It is a coupe with the top cut off, Notice the doors lacking vent windows. Looks like the coupe window frames were removed.

I'd say the car would be a lot of fun for under $10,000 and I generally like original cars. I parted a coupe out last summer and can get the top back from the junkyard that got the last remains.

The coupe top would be an improvement but you'd have to be on a mission to put one on.

Bernie

I more or less agree with West. The car is borderline O.K. , the top is just awful !  S.B.C. is out of place , early O.H.V. Cad. {or Lincoln} better ?  It is cheap enough; it could be fun for non- vintage, old car events.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

I'm sure that it's just an optical illusion, but the photo of the engine compartment makes it look like the engine is in it cockeyed.

the engine is a chevy, That's cockeyed enough

why is it always a chevy engine.?

if one wants to drive a chevy, buy a chevy

Edited by JamesBulldogMiller55Buick (see edit history)

why is it always a chevy engine.?

There are reasons why it is "always a chevy engine".

With that said, however, they seem to be everywhere and it's "ho hum, another SBC", when the hood is raised.  Three of my cars have SBC power, and one of them is a Ford.  While not a fan of the Ford "Y-block", I do like the Small Block Ford and think that a Ford should be Ford-powered.  I'm ambidextrous: I like Chevrolets AND Fords.

SBCs rule,

Grog

As far as the Continental is concerned, I can't see pumping buckets of money into a car like that. Granted I love to see cars "brought back from the dead" but for some, it just doesn't make sense. As for "why always a Chevy? Very simple. The small block Chevrolet was probably the best motor ever designed. You can get a complete crate motor for around $1700. They fit just about any car with limited modifications because of the design of the rear sump oil pan. You can squeeze just about unlimited horse power from them and parts are plentiful. Hot Rodders love them because of these reasons. I know there is a contingent out there that hates SBC's but you can't argue with success, they are just about bulletproof. The small block chevy has been around since 1955 and is still going strong.