1916 Cadillac Spark Plug application

wig

Except that the 3076 is the only 7/8 thread plug they now list. The 3077 is the best available choice. I checked with Autolite and all the national parts suppliers. Auto Zone showed that they had them in stock on their website @ $3.75 each.  When I called my local store to order 6  their computer said they were unavailable. On my 1925 Standard engine it should take a plug with a  7/8" reach. The 3076 is 5/8" which is what I am using on my car. I did find 2 NOS Champion #6 plugs from the 1930s which do have the longer reach. Now I need 4 more.

post-121302-0-71609600-1452788740_thumb.post-121302-0-97765200-1452788838_thumb.post-121302-0-63774200-1452788916_thumb. Here are some catalog images that at least show what some of the plugs looked like and their applications.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

To dibarlaw:  Thank you for you helpfulness in providing excellent spark plug info.  I am sure others besides my self will find it very helpful.

Do you have spark plug info on an AC G10.

The original plugs as specified in the 1930 Essex  owners manual are AC G10. This is what are in my car.  

So far I have been unable to locate literature with a cross reference to show heat range or other plugs to use.

Last fall at Hershey I did find AC W  plugs.

Do you have SP sheets that may show the use, comparison, heat range ?

This year will be my 53 rd year attending Hershey!

Thank you

Hans 

• Like 1

Wig,  According to the 1918 Dykes Automobile Encyclopedia, your Cadillac uses a 7/8" standard reach plug.  That's all they measured back then.  It's the same as my 1911 Cadillac which is a modern Champion W14.  I have actually been running a little hotter W18, which has been fine for my engine.

Peter

To dibarlaw:  Thank you for you helpfulness in providing excellent spark plug info.  I am sure others besides my self will find it very helpful.

Do you have spark plug info on an AC G10.

The original plugs as specified in the 1930 Essex  owners manual are AC G10. This is what are in my car.  

So far I have been unable to locate literature with a cross reference to show heat range or other plugs to use.

Last fall at Hershey I did find AC W  plugs.

Do you have SP sheets that may show the use, comparison, heat range ?

Hans,  I have an Autolite 1958 catalog and an AC 1951 catalog.They both have crossover information but neither references an AC G10.  The AC catalog lists AC86 for 1930 Essex.  That's an 18mm standard reach plug, Fairly hot.   Alternatives are Champion C7,  Autolite B-9.

• Like 1

All,  I have an assortment of NOS 7/8" plugs and would sell some of them.  Here are the sizes:

Allstate 36

Allstate 39

Autolite TH-4

Autolite T-5

Autolite T-7

Autolite TH-8

Autolite TT-8

Autolite TT-10

Autolite T11

Autolite F11

AC 76

Wipac F20  (Fordson tractor)

Champion C-16-C

I also have some NOS 18mm plugs but they are in a different box - no list handy yet.

Crossover information:

http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Plugs/equiv.htm

Peter Findlay

1911 Cadillac

1912 REO

1927 Auburn

1935 DeSoto