Black roadster ID please?

MarrsCars

And it is definitely correct to call this car a roadster.  The big 6 Buicks of 1914-16 ; which is what this car is as identified by Keiser 31 and Leif, were an short lived attempt at the premium car segment.  Buick was quite a strong make in the middle priced market. The big 6's were definately upmarket from Buicks normal models. They were only made for 3 seasons , and in quite small numbers .  Unusually for the time they were extensively restyled for each of the 3 years they were offered. Survivors are quite rare , especially the first year {1914} of which there are only a 1/2 dozen or so known examples. Buick went back to its proven middle class roots from 1917 until the later 20's when only more modest,  smaller 4's and 6's were built.

Greg in Canada

• Like 1

I'm surprised not to find much in the way of photos online of these cars but now that makes more sense. I like the long hood of this one especially, it really "makes" the car to my eye. Had someone asked me a couple of weeks ago if I had an interest in cars from the nineteen-teens I would have said "not much" and if they asked about Buicks I would have said, "no real interest" but apparently I am a fan of exactly those things today! Thanks for the eye opener folks, really great info.