Wanted Headlight Lens

stude24

There are two antique car swap meets here in S. CA in the next month or so and hopefully I'll get to both of them. Neither one is very big, but if it has what you need it's big enough. <P>I'll be happy to add your Liberty lenses to my 'want' list. BUT ON CONDITION! That when you attend swap meets you look for 9" Liberty lenses for my '26 Big Six.<P>Any idea how high you would go for a pair of good clean lenses? Will you accept singles? Often it's easier to find singles than a pair. The letters 'N-4764' aren't necessarily very important. It just so happens that the lenses that you looked at were that series, but any series 8 1/2" Liberty would be correct.<P>Neil M

Thanks Neil,<BR> I only need one lens, I bought a whole headlight for $35 to get one lens. I figure $15~$20 for a single lens would be tops. I'm going to a meet in Bennington (VT) next weekend and they often have older parts there (versus miles of Mustang and Camaro parts) so I'll keep an eye out for a 9 inch Liberty Lens for your car. What is your price limit? Would you want an entire headlight to get the lens and if so what's your price limit on that? BTW I added a post regarding "too many relays", take a look.<P>I'll be happy to add your Liberty lenses to my 'want' list. BUT ON CONDITION! That when you attend swap meets you look for 9" Liberty lenses for my '26 Big Six.<P>Any idea how high you would go for a pair of good clean lenses? Will you accept singles? Often it's easier to find singles than a pair. The letters 'N-4764' aren't necessarily very important. It just so happens that the lenses that you looked at were that series, but any series 8 1/2" Liberty would be correct.<P>Neil M<P>

I have a pair of brand new Liberty lenses that have Pat. Dec.3.14.Type-d.NO 4764-s2-81/2 around the bottom edge of the prisim.<P>Above that inscription is: LIBERTY LENSE<BR> in straight lines MACBETY - EVANS<BR> GLASS COMPANY<P>At the top curved is MADE IN U.S.A, Then below it in straight lines is TOP<BR> PAT.JUNE 26,1920<P>$15.00 EACH PLUS shipping which I guess to be about $4.00 by priority mail. I think that it weighs more than the minimum. You can buy one or both pieces. There are no scratches, stone chips or sand blasting on these lenses.<P>Fred Rawling<BR>16428 California Ave.<BR>Bellflower, Ca. 90706-5006<BR>

Stude 24<P>I have a 9 inch liberty lense also but it is used. $10.00 plus shipping. I saw it when I was looking for the 8 1/2 inch lenses. I do not remember the condition but I will e-mail you tomorrow with that information.<P>p.s. for anyone else looking for 8 1/2 inch lenses, I have about 3 more without the No. 4764 on them @ $10.00 each.<P>Fred Rawling

Stude24<P>Looks like your problems are solved. My recommendation: take them both. Let them sit on a shelf as a spare. If you take a rock in the lens you'll be happy to have spent the $15.<P>And you can trust Fred Rawlings implicitly. He was one of the people I would have searched out at the two swapmeets to find lenses. I've dealt with him before and he is conservative in grading and fair in pricing. And if he gives you trouble, he and I can step out into the alley and duke it out on your behalf. His only problem: he's a Buick man and not Studebaker.

Hello fellow Antique Studebaker fans,<BR>As you will notice there were a few entries recently containing some disparaging remarks on the part of a few members to each other. As you will all notice they have been deleted. I would have done this sooner, but there was a glitch in the system preventing me from doing so. Nevertheless, lets all remember that we all have a common bond, and that is our love of this hobby, the old studebakers, and preserving history. At times there will be instances where either a lack of communication or mis-communication will occur between well intentioned people. When this occurs, let's settle our diferrences, and resolve our mis-understandings privately between the parties involved and not air it publicly. We are all here to help one another, lets keep this web site and these forums on a positive note regarding the hobby, and keep personal issues and disagreements between parties being exchanged privately through e-mails, letters or phone calls. Any comments directed at each other which are on a personal level in this web site or these forums, unless they are positive and complimentary, will be deleted as soon as possible. <BR>Thank you all for your continued support and helping each other in this hobby and with this web site, <BR>ASC Webmaster

I disagree! When there is a problem dealer/collector it is important that others be aware of it. It is as important to identify the bad guys as to praise the good.<P>As for praise, there are a handful of collectors in Northern California, Ohio and Pennsylvania who have gone out of their way to offer photos, parts, suggestions and advice in getting my '22 Big Six touring car on the road. When I can offer a completed photo of the car, each of these GENTLEMEN will be thanked publicly. They have already been thanked (repeatedly and often) privately and their cooperation and dedication is what is making this hobby enjoyable.