1930 Buick Marquette firewall tag

Guest Buickresto 1930

Guest Buickresto 1930

I have a 1930 Buick Marquette 4 door sedan that I just bought for $1000 and looking to rebuild it. I'm Looking to figure out what the tag means in side the firewall and should there be another tag located somewhere else on the car thanks

post-155881-0-76606300-1452463355_thumb.

post-155881-0-05238500-1452463371_thumb.

Guest Buickresto 1930

Thanks good to hear wasnt sure of value just seemed like a reasonable price to start a rat rod project with my father. it's pretty solid and mainly all there with the five wood spoke wheels. Really just trying to locate any other tags or ways to locate a possible vin # for the car to try and make registering a little easier

Guest AlCapone

Thanks good to hear wasnt sure of value just seemed like a reasonable price to start a rat rod project with my father. it's pretty solid and mainly all there with the five wood spoke wheels. Really just trying to locate any other tags or ways to locate a possible vin # for the car to try and make registering a little easier

Are you hot / rat rodding this Buick? Wayne

Guest AlCapone

Newbie mistake... That's my plan figured it would be a cool father son project.

This is hardly the site to ask for help to destroy a classic antique. Wayne

Edited by AlCapone (see edit history)

Guest Buickresto 1930

Thanks Ben I appreciate that. I also don't feel like I'm destroying a classic (Wayne) that had no life in someone's snowy backyard... I feel like I'm giving it a second chance at life. Never said whether you could tell me how to channel or chop anything. Really don't know if I want to go in that direction. My intentions are to leave it as original as possible, just putting a modern drive train in it.

I would hope this site would be more receptive to anyone with a question about an antique automobile no matter what their plans are. You have a car that will cost way more to restore than what you could possibly get out of. The biggest value in the car will be the time you spend as a father and son project. With that said, hot rod the hell out of it and drive the wheels off of it. You may also want to join the HAMB where you will be welcome with open arms, just don't use the term Rat Rod!    

• Like 1

Guest Buickresto 1930

Haha thanks Alex that's all I'm looking to do is build a memory with my pops and learn what he knows before time is too late. and everyone else that helped I located the frame tag it was under driver side fender. #35771. Thanks guys I appreciate all the advice.

Guest AlCapone

Thanks Ben I appreciate that. I also don't feel like I'm destroying a classic (Wayne) that had no life in someone's snowy backyard... I feel like I'm giving it a second chance at life. Never said whether you could tell me how to channel or chop anything. Really don't know if I want to go in that direction. My intentions are to leave it as original as possible, just putting a modern drive train in it.

Your terminology ( Ratrod ) suggests anything but original. I hope you do enjoy your time with your father as many of us are unable to do! Wayne