Shift points

Guest wheelsport

Guest wheelsport

The other day I decided to see just how fast my TC is from a standing start. I realized that correct shift points would be critical to attain the fastest 1/4 mile. Does anybody have an idea of what the shift

points for an automatic would be to do the fastest time?

Edited by wheelsport (see edit history)

The other day I decided to see just how fast my TC is from a standing start. I realized that correct shift points would be critical to attain the fastest 1/4 mile. Does anybody have an idea of what the shift points for an automatic would be to do the fastest time?

And, if you redline it, you will likely have some issues if the engine is not up to it! Consider the years and miles on the engine.

If you consider running an automatic transmission TC in drag race competition you likely have the wrong car for it.

If you really must do this, put it in 'D' and hold the throttle to the floor from the start and keep it there, allow the transmission to shift at "IT'S" designated shift points.

Personally, I respect my cars too much and respect money equally, that I would not run my cars any harder than I would on the highway onramp.

Awe C'mon Hemi, you were young once you know, back when you and your friends were driving steam powered cars :P

WheelSport since your sig doesn't say which engine package you have I'll just assume its a SOHC turbo. Unlike our conservative Mechanic friend I too like a good Wide Open Throttle blast, heck hardly a day goes by that I don't get an opportunity for WOT B)   Is your TC still stock, want 30+ more horsepower?  Invest in a good exhaust, turbo motors respond dramatically to decreased backpressure.  It's the first mod I do to any of my turbo cars ;) Careful tho, after that you'll want 30 more then 30 more...

• Like 1

Awe C'mon Hemi, you were young once you know, back when you and your friends were driving steam powered cars :P

WheelSport since your sig doesn't say which engine package you have I'll just assume its a SOHC turbo. Unlike our conservative Mechanic friend I too like a good Wide Open Throttle blast, heck hardly a day goes by that I don't get an opportunity for WOT B)   Is your TC still stock, want 30+ more horsepower?  Invest in a good exhaust, turbo motors respond dramatically to decreased backpressure.  It's the first mod I do to any of my turbo cars ;) Careful tho, after that you'll want 30 more then 30 more...

TCF, I think you among a certain group are very well acquainted with what I might do with my right foot. :ph34r: I'll bring my steam powered 2.5 SOHC powered Laser and give any of your SOHC steam engines a good run some time.

You said "hardly", <_< I will say NOT A DAY :angry: , for that remark. 

By the way, "Young" has nothing to do with it. The right foot doesn't get any lighter with age.  :D

Also, I hope our 'young' friend takes you up on your advice. It will be interesting to read the results. :rolleyes: