1914 to 1927? Dodge engine paint

I have found some paper work from Roy Brister when Dodge City bought him out in the early 2000s?

I will be posting info from time to time and as soon as we get our website up, we will have a section on Roy. From what I have heard and doing some work for Roy, he was a walking dictionary for the teens and 20s.

RIP Roy

You are missed!!

post-121135-0-99126600-1452049479_thumb.

Edited by countrytravler (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I have found some paper work from Roy Brister when Dodge City bought him out in the early 2000s?

I will be posting info from time to time and as soon as we get our website up, we will have a section on Roy. From what I have heard and doing some work for Roy, he was a walking dictionary for the teens and 20s.

RIP Roy

You are missed!!

Guys, The factory official color for engines was called 'Ditzler Motor Grey' but unfortunately it was NOT colorfast and tended to vary over years when refreshing the mix. It may best be described as a light grey porch and deck enamel with a hint of green. Some time back a 'Brother' in Cal. did a spectral analysis of scrapings from various engines covering '14 to '27 and could not come up with a consistent set of data. Roy did a similar physical color analysis, went to a local paint shop, and that was the closest he could come up with on the various samples he had at the time. Good Luck and Keep 'em Dodgin'.