battery for 1991 chrysler lebaron?

ted sweet

What did the original battery look like? The battery brand should not matter. Any similar battery should be fine. I would expect that your local auto parts store should have something in stock that would be similar to the original. If you are not happy with what they have, your local Chrysler dealership should have something that should work.

• Like 1

From the Judging guidelines:

"Batteries, headlights, belts, tires,

hoses and clamps may be of modern

manufacture, but must be visually of

the era of the vehicle and of the type

specified by the vehicle manufacturer.

Specific brand is not important."

I have no idea what the original battery in your car would have looked like. Do you have a photo? I would buy the most correct looking one available and not worry about it. My 1989 Buick HPOF car has a battery from a local auto parts store.

Without seeing a photo of an original one, I would think that a basic black sealed battery should appear "of the era" and specific brand is unimportant. Worst case scenario, it is a 5 point item. 

• 2 weeks later...

You'll probably find that the superceded part number (industry size number) battery is both more powerful and smaller than the OEM battery was.  The power ratings should be in your owner's manual "Specifications" section.  Over the years, Chrysler did use some opaque/whiter plastic in the battery's lower section, with a black top.  But that varied.  Even if the battery was dealer-warrantied during the intial warranty period of the car, it probably would not have been with the same battery as they used on the assembly line, color-wise.

I don't remember those cars having a really unique battery in them, as some Fords did.  I suspect you can find a battery that both fits the battery tray well and looks reasonably good at the name-brand auto supply stores OR from Interstate (who usually used opaque lower body sections, but you might need to color the top section from the Interstate Green, for cosmetic reasons.  //////  As a point of reference, Interstate is the OEM vendor for Toyota and Hyundai batteries, which come in "basic black" and the dealer adds the respective decals to them "in house".  Main thing is that the terminal orientation is correct for your Chrysler!

NTX5467