what years are compatable with 36 dodge coupe?

redsshed77

There have been other threads concerning this inquiry. From all the parts books that I have seen, only the coupe doors fit the coupe in '36, Plymouth, DeSoto or Airflow may fit but you'd have to refer to an interchange manual. '35 may also fit. All '36 Dodge hoods are alike and will fit all models. I have an extra hood that needs restored but needs a new hinge but shipping today will be high!

Guest Robert McNeil

Hello  I have a 1936 Dodge Hood, 4 peice, straight except right top is folded.  No  2 Hood, bare metal, has all handles hinge works but needs to be replaced=chrome peeling.  This is the only 35-36 hood I found in 15 years.  Willl sell this and other 36 parts;  don't have a door, but latches, handles, window reg, Window garnishes left front and right front. Thanks Bob 303 795 0203 or bbhmcneil@msn.com

If you have a door for your coupe, but are trying to replace it because of extensive damage, then you might consider getting a front door from a four door sedan. They are the same length (front to back) but they have a different curvature to the frames. If you put a sedan door on a coupe it would fit quite well, but the back edge of the door, near the top, would stick out three or four inches. I'm pretty sure that a person could seam in the lower half of a sedan door to the upper half of a coupe door, though I've never seen it done. You could be the first!