GM part numbers:

Guest Indianfour

Guest Indianfour

Would somebody help me with the GM part numbers on a 1966 Chevrolet Impala??  I am trying to identify numbers on a '66 396 Engine:  Intake manifold and also the exhaust manifolds??  Thanks very much for any assistance you may give!!  Happy New Years to all!!

Those are casting numbers. They generally will not be the same as part numbers.  GM part numbers need to be referenced from a GM parts book. Also be aware that GM sometimes "superseded" the original part number to a generic "service" part number. When I worked in a GM dealer parts dept. in the late 70's most of the parts books were reissued yearly {paper books , pre- electronic}, and several pages of fine print numbers would list the part number changes for that year. Lazy parts dept's would sometimes tell customers a particular part was no longer available when in fact the number had changed and a service part was still available.  Worst was things like soft trim that would be molded in different colors. For the first couple of years all the colors would be available, then the numbers would be superseded to a light colored universal replacement with the notation of dye or paint to match.

Greg in Canada

I would recommend that you purchase a copy of Allan Colvin's book "Chevrolet by the Numbers 1965-1969" everything you will need to know to will be there with great photo's showing the details between the different parts far the same application, such as intakes, and exhaust manifolds.

Guest AlCapone
I have the "Chevy by the Numbers" book for that era. Post the numbers you're interested in and I'll give you the book info.

You can't beat this very kind offer! Wayne