wow

nick8086

The most expensive sign they have sold in the last 2 - 3 months was 5500 for an OK used car sign.  Most of their sales are in the 100-1000 range.  Probably wishful thinking on the one you posted. 

I don't think I have ever paid more than 550.00  for any sign I have. 

The problem with the huge signs is not alot of people have the space for a sign that size so the market is much smaller than the 4 foot by 4 foot and under sign that most people can find a spot for.

I learned a while ago that bigger isn't better when it comes to signs. 

I would love to have that sign but the neon is going to cost a fortune to redo.  You can have a few pretty nice cars for the price of that sign especially after you refurbish it.

Guest Rp1967

The screwball is bold enough to ask $350 shipping.

If someone is crazy enough to give him half that much , he better plan on free delivery anywhere in North America.

I learned long time ago that you shouldn't late night text when you're drunk. Apparently the same thinking applies to posting eBay listings.  :lol: 

Here is a perfect example of dreaming and reality

The first is an ended auction for a Corvette radiator cap I sold. Who says there aren't deals on ebay.  Problem is I don't like when they are deals at my expense :(

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1965-1972-Chevy-Corvette-Genuine-AC-Radiator-Cap-RC26-New-Old-Stock-NCRS-/311508776098?rd=1

The second is the crazy buy it now others are offering the same cap for.  

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Original-1965-1966-1967-1968-1969-1970-71-1972-Corvette-RC-26-Radiator-Cap-/221982277225?hash=item33af2cbe69:g:IIoAAOSwLzdWT5el&vxp=mtr

and 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-1965-1966-1967-1968-1969-1970-71-1972-Corvette-RC26-RC-26-Radiator-Cap-/311462517494?hash=item48849cdaf6:g:tX0AAOSwdvpWDCV3&vxp=mtr

I am constantly amused at the prices listed for Crosley parts on eBay. There are 3 major Crosley parts suppliers and a number of minor ones that have published price lists that are consistently lower than eBay prices. In addition by simply asking on the club web page any of hundreds of club members will sell parts at prices below them. I am sure this is the case for many other marque clubs, yet people still insist on dealing that way. I still don't understand!!

Go to the R M Auction site and check out the signs that sold in May 2015 in Texas. 50 grand for a sign is not that rare. If you follow the high end sign collecting the prices will amaze you. Here is one we just added to our shop. Its perfect original factory condition, no restoration. The price would stagger you if you had to wright the check for it.

post-77027-0-83947800-1451707702_thumb.j

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

Just like everything else, age,condition,subject matter,color,size, and a bunch of other things effect prices. Early American signs are running crazy money, a new art form that's being collected. Carved wooden signs from the 18 th and 19 th century can run 750k for the right subject matter. I think most any prewar sign in very good or better condition will bring decent money. Add porcelain,neon,and the other additional multipliers and prices go sky high fast.