Cap and Rotor

avantey

Where can I find a reference that gives me the matching cap and rotor for a particular distributor?  I have a Delco- Remy 1110864 distributor for a '58-'59 Studebaker 289 V8.  When I search by this I get a variety of caps and rotors that will fit.  Which ones are correct for that application?

Is there a listing for such things that does not include the random stuff on Ebay, etc.

Thank you,

Bill

Interestingly enough, that Delco distributor number is listed in the Delco test specification booklet for models prior to January 1st, 1956.

That distributor is not listed on the 1956 to 1963 supplement booklet.

Are you sure that is the correct distributor for your engine?

Perhaps check with a Motor's service manual to see if it is listed?

Hope this helps.

Tom

Guest Bob Call

Bill

Check rockauto.com. They have the parts in stock. Standard Motors brand and ​the part numbers are the same as shown in Tom's Blue Streak catalog.  Your local NAPA probably has them also if you can't a wait a couple of days for shipping from Rock.

Bob

Thank you all. I did see this unit listed for 58-59 Studes (Hawk, Lark with 289) on a couple of websites in a search. The applications did go back into the mid-50's and even the 259 predecessor engine which is the same block. I also have this unit in my Avanti because my father did not like the original dual point distributor and he got this at a yard. I did see those part numbers on Rock Auto but because I have seen multiple part numbers for this distributor and wanted verification of their correctness. I will order from Rock I guess

Thanks for the info,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...
Guest prbates

I am looking for information pertaining to restoring the vinyl roof on a 1932 Nash 2 door sedan, even of there is a kit available?

I am looking for information pertaining to restoring the vinyl roof on a 1932 Nash 2 door sedan, even of there is a kit available?

Suggest you start a new thread. This one is about ignition equipment, not roofs, and not Nash. A new thread with appropriate title might garner more replies.