Video Tour of my 1941 Roadmaster 4-door Touring Sedan

Kenneth Carr

I recently posted a video of my car on YouTube. I did this back in 2009. It's not a great production but some folks may find something interesting. Someday, when I have caught up on current projects, I hope to make a nicely scripted video.

My car came with just about no history and repeated attempts to get information from the seller go nowhere.

I suspect that a partial restoration was done back in the 1970's or so. Parts of the car, especially the interior, show the wear of time. Then again, being an owner of a '41 Buick, I like all videos of this era. So, I thought it might be interesting to some of the folks here.

The link is above or just click on the text here: 

Note: the best thing I ever did regarding this car was joining my local AACA affiliate, the Westerly-Pawcatuck Region AACA (WPRAACA). They are a wonderful group of car lovers. We have great times together and the knowledge base of the club members is unlimited. And yes, I have even benefited from their program whereby members help others diagnose and repair car problems. Please feel free to visit our website and if you live in the Rhode Island or Eastern  Connecticut areas. We would love to have you become part of our group!

Edited by Roadmaster71 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks for the encouraging replies, guys.

Hopefully I will have a better video in the summer. 

I will be doing a bunch of engine painting, repairing a leaky water pump,

and if I am real brave I will get to a new wiring harness and painting some

interior trim.

• Like 1

Nice video, thanks for sharing. I have a '41 Roadmaster coupe, Canadian built, so its' officially called a McLaughlin Buick which I restored and drive. Glad to have another '41 on the forum!

Keith

Nice to meet a fellow '41 Buick owner, Keith! 1941 was the year

that Buick really took advantage of what they had when those

two carburetors were placed in most of the cars. Good move!

The performance of these cars is quite good, as I'm sure you know, though by today's standards 165 HP is not that high, but the torque of the engine makes it feel stronger than that. I really love the low speed torque of these engines.

Doing the harness is a good idea, most of these of have many breaks in the insulation by now. I bought mine from "Harnesses Unlimited" and the installation instructions were good.

Here's a picture of my car taken last summer.

Keith

post-119367-0-82670900-1451435888_thumb.

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)

Keith,

I love that coupe of yours! Ever since I was a teenager business coupes were my favorite style of car.

They are almost as good a a 1959 Chevy when you want to sneak someone into a drive-in theater.

I now like just about all styles including station wagons, sedans, and of course convertibles.

Have fun with your coupe! It has plenty of style.

Here's a picture of my car taken last summer.

Keith

attachicon.gif41KinmountStaSml.jpg

Thanks, glad you like it. It is actually a Club Coupe, which means a "Full back seat", making it a 6 passenger. That is as long as you'll all very good friends. The rear seat cushion is a bit short for long term comfort, and knee room is a bit tight if you have long legs, but I have had myself and four passenger's in it.

Keith

Edited by Buicknutty (see edit history)