Wanted. (4) '39 Chrysler Royal hub caps

Reg Evans

• 1 month later...

Do you have the old ones? The reason I ask is, Bernbaum used to have chrome plated copper skins that look like a new hubcap but they must be crimped onto your old hubcaps. If you inspect your old ones you will see how this cover is crimped onto the plain steel cap.

Update - Checked Bernbaum's web site and I don't see any hubcaps or skins.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, it's in good condition...not "show car" condition but nice...and if you wanted to have it rechromed that could be done as its good and solid. Some look alright as the chrome skin is good but the steel back is all rusted out. Anyway, I don't know how much they sell for so let me know what you think...Yes, I do have PayPal.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Reg, I'm sure you've seen that hub cap on EBay...you might only need one more soon! It looks like the smaller cap which will fit your Royal. Here are a couple of pictures of the glove box door I had mentioned. Obviously the badge would not be included as its for an Imperial (red in colour). Let me know what you think.

Best regards,

John Loney.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Actually I haven't seen the cap on eBay but I will look right after this. What's the auction number ?

Your glove box door looks good !  Is it painted ?  How much will it cost me to have it on my Royal ?

Thanks John,

Reg   email  me at rego@hughes.net

Edited by Reg Evans (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...