2nd Gen. Windshield Wash Tank

PWB

• 2 weeks later...

All

I got a solid yet yellowed tank from ebay. I tried 18 hour hydrogen peroxide bath then a little chlorine. I know bleach can force plastics to yellow but I ran out of ideas. Did NOTHING. :( Hopefully someone will make new ones.

Thanks

I need one also. CARs used to carry them but no longer do. Just one more Riviera part joins the list of parts that were reproduced and then faded away. I've often thought about asking Jeff at CARs if he knows if the mold exists somewhere. Many have tried including me and nothing seems to work to make the yellowed plastic white again. I ran across this process later but never tried it. I've tried hydrogen peroxide but not the UV light so that could be the key. http://www.retrofixes.com/2013/10/how-to-clean-whiten-yellowed-plastics.html    Depending where one lives getting enough UV in winter could be a problem unless you have a tanning bed.

As is most often the case, reproducing some Rivieras parts isn't lucrative so if the mold was damaged, probably couldn't justify repair expense.  

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

I found a really clean white 1st generation reservoir on a Riviera one time but didn't buy it because it had a couple of broken tabs on it.  It was nice and clean.  I mentioned it to the proprietor and he said that it was that clean because the car had no hood and the bottle had been exposed to the sun so much.  From what Jason just posted, it could be that UV light is the answer.