A few garage photos

Since it's not possible for me to add all the Buicks I would love to my collection, I've enjoyed focusing on the garage itself.  

Over the years, I've acquired several Buick signs, mostly reproductions, and have added Buick-related art prints and model cars.  The garage is ever-evolving, but these images pretty well capture the present state.

14375172831_975e4810d2_b.jpg

14192057947_0f67fa470b_b.jpg

14378475895_55a527797d_b.jpg

• Like 4

I have been purposely putting off even looking at this thread until I had time to peruse and give it the attention it deserves. I give up. Like Bill, I think I could spend days looking over this collection and asking questions and hearing the history and about where every thing came from. I see SO MANY rare and one of pieces in here!!! Even the reproductions are nice and were selected with great taste. I can appreciate too the $$ and time spent acquiring this superb collection. And you know what, I know Brian, he is a just a mainstream working family man and I can assure you he does not have the means to simply buy every piece he would like to on eBay and elsewhere like many well to do collectors, this makes me appreciate this collection even more. Each and every piece is so artfully displayed, I know that has to take time but must be a lot of fun.

Thank you so much for taking the time to take and post all the pictures Brian. Please keep us up to date of any new pieces you may acquire or possible re positioning of the collections etc. 

Rita too was in awe of all this and only had one question to ask. "How long does it take him to dust all that".  To that I replied "He doesn't, his good wife does" which was met with "Well don't get any such ideas in YOUR head!"   

Again, thanks for sharing Brian. Now back to the top of the page for a slow scroll back down.

• Like 3

Holy cow ... what an amazingly stunningly awesome collection!  Would LOVE to see it in person & really take time to look at it.  I'm guessing these pics don't do your museum justice.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic  (awaiting new owner)
"May your days be merry and bright" __ Irving Berlin/Bing Crosby __ 'White Christmas'
  • Like 1

Didn't see this till now. Of course your garage is stupendous(!), but tell me about the Sputnik lamp. Or is it a radio?

Great job,

TG

Tom, good catch!  There's a fellow here in the Tacoma area who produces all manner of one-off lamps, utilizing various automotive or household items.  Among my favorites are his many lamps patterned after Seattle's Space Needle.  He has also produced a variety of flying saucer lamps, but, when I saw this Sputnik lamp, I knew that it needed to find a home in my garage!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing this garage I'm going to burn mine down!

Between school and building my dad's shop, I haven't been able to do much in my garage in quite a while.  I went out there last night and started a fire...

...in the stove, of course.  It doesn't look like I did much, but it was nice to get something done.  Eating the elephant, 1 bite at a time.

I like the Pan Am model!

I like the Pan Am model!

AC, that's a whole other room, but it's kind of outside the scope of the Buick focus.

6997427556_56bb86559f_b.jpg

Some days, though, the driveway becomes my stand-in for San Francisco International Airport, sometime near the dawn of the Jet Age:

15333126609_5e509b33e7_b.jpg

MrEarl, I'll try to nab a photo of that mirror in the near future.  Oh, and the camera I use is a simple $199 Panasonic DMC-SZ02.  It's a point-and-shoot camera, but it seems to work well for me.

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, MrEarl said:

BTW Matt, I pm'd you a few days ago, noticed you haven't opened it yet?

Must have gotten lost in the software shuffle.  I see a PM I sent you on 3/5, but I see no replies.  I also see a message I sent Brian Clark that shows no reply.  Pretty certain I got replies on both, but I can't see them now.

On the other hand, I see a February conversation with Mr. De Fiore and it looks like the entire exchange is intact...

14 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Unbelievable, what a passion. Can you imagine dusting all of those.

Funny, the article said, “He would sit and polish these cars every day,” and then there's a photo of a dusty Buick next to a dusty Pontiac.  I think Obsessive/Compulsive would be an understatement.

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Brian, so sorry for hijacking your thread, I will clean it up once i get all my moderator privileges back.

Perhaps you don't have mod privileges because you keep hijacking threads?;)

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...