Running board trim moulding

airbrushguy

On May 15, 2017 at 0:17 PM, Old Car Parts said:

Hi airbrush guy,

I found one that I think will work for you. It's just one, but it is NOS. It's 75 5/8" long. It's marked 1939 Buick Model 60 by Keller Moulding Co. which made mouldings in the 1930s and 40s. I will send you a PM tonight or latest tomorrow morning with some pictures and double check the measurements. The design looks correct though.

Never heard again from OldCarParts.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/30/2017 at 1:15 PM, airbrushguy said:

Still out here looking....pursued all recommendations....all dead ends!

running board trim on e-bay - may not be long enough ....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1939-BUICK-ROADMASTER-RUNNING-BOARD-MOULDINGS-1-PAIR-NOS/193401661100?hash=item2d07a326ac%3Ag%3ApGYAAOSwFG1egOBF&fbclid=IwAR1XiPnaNtzJXX1AEf2G6iPsP7h8pEODGl_Zn90iM3hImdLcodgqILHvhLE

On 4/3/2020 at 6:27 AM, jvelde said:

From post above "75 5/8" long. It's marked 1939 Buick Model 60 by Keller Moulding Co."  Airbrushguy looks to have purchased those

From ebay "The mouldings are 70 3/16".  So may be series 40 and not Roadmaster (series 80)

I just registered for the forum today. Are you still looking for standard running board moldings for a 39 Century? I have a pair approximately 74 plus inches and I am fairly confident they are Century but unfortunately they are rough. I think they can be repaired but somebody really has to know what they're doing. Hope this helps Leif

• 3 weeks later...

My 40 special 4dr needed running board mouldings thanks to the original owner who managed to flatten both sides and yet didn't damage the boards at all. Previously I bought two 40 sedans for parts, special and century. The hood edge mouldings on the special turned out to be close enough in length to use on the boards.The rear of the hood moulding is flat and not pointed like the original so from the two parts cars I got the rear of hood chrome hold downs to give it a finished look. Boards going to sandblaster Monday.

IMG_20200425_185604.jpg

IMG_20200425_185604.jpg