Why no judging at 2016 National Meet?

gkhashem

I was wondering why no judging.I have been to other clubs national meets and I admit I go to get my car judged. So please don't say I am a trophy hunter.

The point is that is part of the experience in addition to meeting people.

I live in the northeast and this is the first time the meet has been in the area recently. I was going to go, but now I have decided not to.

I would think this would decrease attendance?

Edited by gkhashem (see edit history)

Simple answer is that the person who is funding a good portion of the celebration, and whose property we are holding it on asked us not to have judging.

You should reconsider your thoughts about not going as you will probably see more cars there then you normally do at meets. so far there are  almost 300 cars registered.

Its going to be a good time.

Allentown will be a special event and because you live in the NE and it is close you should be attending.

It is anyone's guess as to how many Buicks will be there but most think 600+,  that is another reason for not judging.....too many cars.

Historically we have difficulty getting enough judges for a normal meet of under 300 cars. 

Yes there would be a proportional number of people attending when we get more cars but that does not translate into more available judges.

Also remember the judges also like to see the cars.  

I have judged at the last 11 judged shows and after judging and completing the paperwork, I would like to go to the field and view the cars.

What often happens, after all the cars in a class are judged, some owner start removing their cars (did they come for the show or just to be judged?)

Go to Allentown with or without a car and with or without judging.

• Like 2

Allentown is only a one day drive from NH.  Drive your '89 Reatta.  Because of this celebration, I know a number of longtime BCA Minuteman Chapter members (Eastern MA, NH, CT , & RI) are excited about it and are attending for their first time.  Two caravans are being established from eastern MA (1 Tuesday, 1 Wednesday) to travel to the BCA 50th Celebration.  Check the MMC website http://www.minutemanbuick.citymax.com/page/page/2341948.htm for further info. 

May consider going, just for some who have never had a chance to get a Buick judges a bit of a let down but maybe I am the strange one here.

So if they are doing when will the meet be back again in the northeast?

Some of us just drive cars and don't attend to the details. Me I have a complusion to fix everthing on a car as it was when new. So I fall into that fix everything I can box.

Edited by gkhashem (see edit history)

Guest DadsReatta

George, I have been doing lot's of reading of old posts lately and from that (worth reading)  and what my husband has said, it appears you are not alone in your thinking - there certainly is a group that have issues with it. 

To somewhat  answer George's latest question, the earliest it would be in the east would be 2019, as 2017 will be in WI and 2018 in CA.  Perhaps a long time to wait, but it rotates.  Unless some group in the NE has some suggested ideas for 2019, I suspect it might be in the Southeast.  I personally would favor Maryland or Virginia rather than the "deep south", not that I have anything against the South, except NC was very hot (but heat would not necessarily keep me away).

To Dianna, my personal opinion is that "you can please some of the people some of the time, but not please all of the people all of the time".  I would love to see your white Reatta parked next to maybe 50 other Reattas. And perhaps take in a bit of driving on the covered bridge tour or other driving, assuming you are planning to be in Allentown for the event.

John  

Guest DadsReatta

We may do Wisconsin in 2017 if it is a judged meet as we would like to get the Reatta's Senior Gold.   We enjoy the show aspect of the car hobby and of course enjoying the cars.  We are considering running it through the AACA circuit this summer at least. We are not so into the social aspect so the upcoming meet doesn't hold much interest for us.   That may change if we get our current restoration done and decide to take it through the process.  I agree you can't please all the people but it seems odd to totally shut out a group of members especially when nationals move around so much. 

"We are not so into the social aspect"

"but it seems odd to totally shut out a group of members"

There's rational reasoning behind the no judging decision as explained in the above posts. It's not all about one person.

I'm looking forward to both the cars and the car owners. I like em both.........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Like 3

The meet was in NY in 2005 or 2006, Danvers, MASS in 2011 and Allentown in 2015. Since 2003, the closest it has been to us is almost 550 miles. It can't be in everyone's back yard every year.

If judging is critical, considering attending the regional meet for your region. There are typically very experienced BCA judges at these events and, being the local region, it won't be too terribly far away.