1931 Studebaker 4D Sedan

To anyone with info:<BR> I have the ability to purchase a 1931 Studebaker Dictator 4D and I am trying to figure out the difference between the different 4D models (i.e. Sedan, Regal Sedan, Touring Sedan, Regal Touring Sedan). Any information, or websites with info on the differences between the models would be greatly appreciated. Please post any answer to my question or email me at bcwaugh@hotmail.com, thank you in advance for your help and information. Thank you again.<P>Brian

Brian:<BR>You need to find a chassis parts book for the year you are contemplating to see the differances. Usually Sedan would be a 4 door no frills 5 wood spoke wheel car. Regal would make it better interior materials, 5 wire spoke wheel car. Touring Sedan would be a 6 wire spoke wheel car (Leaving room for trunk on the rear). Studebaker had a term "State" car that included DSM spares and bumpers. Frugal farmers didn't want to pay for bumpers, only city folk needed them.<BR>Value always depends on condtion so you can't say anything until you see it up close. I have seen cars described as all original in good condition where the almost blind elderly senile owner still sees it in the light he bought in. No mention it had been painted with a broom dipped in barn paint over all the dead grasshoppers and dents.<BR>Take someone familiar with that vintage car along with you to view it.<BR>Stude8

Stude 8:<BR> Thank you for replying to my query...since I had posted the original message I did find out some other little details about it. It is (to the best of my knowledge) a 1931 Studebaker Dictator Model 61 Sedan (I believe the Regal). It has wood interior, wood ash trays in the rear, cloth covered seats, 3 speed manual trannie with freewheel, inline flathead 8cyl 225 ci engine. It is in beautiful condition, the only thing that is missing seems to be a hubcap, it has DSM spares, wire spoke wheels, and a luggage rack in the rear, along with front and rear bumpers and fender lights in the front. The radiator cap is flat and chrome with no emblem on it. It has vertical louvers in the side of the hood with the grill having a vertical seperation in the center or it with the Studebaker logo top center and bottom center. If you could possibly help me to determine whether it is the Regal Sedan or the Regal State Sedan I would be most greatful. Thank you in advance for you help. You can either post the message on here or email me at div_guy@hotmail.com . Thank you again.<P>Brian<BR> smile.gif" border="0