jhussey

1937 Cpe Exp front end questions

I have three 1937 Cpe Exp J5 trucks. Two are stock and in great shape, but the third was severely mistreated by previous owners and can only be considered a parts truck. I am thinking I want to use it as the foundation for a resto rod project. I want to keep the body and interior original, but update the front end and brakes. This thought prompts a few questions:

Has anyone installed a Mustang II type front end on a 37 Cpe Exp frame? If yes, any lessons learned?

Disc brakes imply clearance problems with original artillery wheels. Reproductions are available. Does anyone have experience with these?

If I go with reproduction artillery wheels, I’m hoping I can adapt them to accept the hub caps Richard produced for the 37 Dictators?

Any thoughts or recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Jim

This is NOT the parts truck!

post-145985-0-41814800-1449083411_thumb.

Fatman fabrications can provide a front stub with mustang suspention, And a place in cali called wheel smith can provide the wheels you will need That will clear disc brakes

I have original artillery wheels on my Coupe-Express.  The hub caps that Quinn had reproduced are beautiful, but are for the disc wheels only and don't fit the original artillery wheels.  Tom