New TV Show! This Saturday Night! Don't Miss!

Steve Moskowitz

Another very enjoyable show last night. Especially the Ampucar, of course I wanted to see it go in the water. Good job guys

I enjoyed the show last night, Keep up the great work guys!

Was funny, guy with Amphicar was scared to put in the water. Looks like Ted will be in one when SBC resumes.

Thanks to all of you for the feedback ,and support/suggestions we have received from everyone publicly and privately. As I have said before, the learning curve in front of the camera was quick and steep. We definitely tried hard to improve with every segment. Anyhow, we appreciate your indulgence and will take the good with the bad, but appreciate the positive response we've received thus far regarding last nights episode. I know we wont make everyone happy all of the time, but we do want to earn your support through improvement. I have had quite a few inquiries about the club, so that is a positive.

• Like 1

Really enjoyed the programs again this week. It was truly an honor to be a part of the series. Thank you Tom

As Chris & Tom are doing you also did a great job, Tommy.  Relaxed with very interesting dialogue.  Thank you for participating.

Peter J.

• Like 1

I was initially mildly critical of the show, but I must admit it has become one of my two favorite car shows (I watch them all)  Having been involved with a business related video in the past, I know how hard it is to try to "act natural" if front of a camera.  I must admit I wasn't as successful as any of you guys on the show!  Keep up the good work !

• Like 1

Every episode gets better and better, almost like the guys are getting more comfortable.  At first they seemed like they felt the need to be fantastic on their own, but now after only a few shows they seem to be settled in and the show just has better dialogue and flow. 

Really good show.

• Like 1

Watched the show last night that featured the Tucker don't know how many I missed before that one. Velocity is all automotive, so I guess the show title The Appraisers is ok, but the general public will be more clueless as to what it is about. I've never understood the deal with Tucker, but now thanks to the Appraisers I know it takes one and a half Million to own a car nobody wanted. Bob

Bob you missed six.  We are hopeful that they are going to be repeated.  Last new episode is this Saturday.  The show has been able to express over the run that it is not all about the money (despite the title) and a segment with me this Saturday confirms it.

I am not so sure no one wanted the Tucker, he never really had a chance after all that went on.  Still an amazing car for its time and Preston was a visionary for sure. 

Jeff you are so right. There was one directly across from my dealership at Dairy Rich Ice Cream. It was yellow and all lettered up. Covered by years of dirt and crap. I remember it having a "book" value of $60,000 (#1) and my best friend and I tried to buy it. The movie came out and I think the owner got $300,000. Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short!

Steve,

You are right about the Tucker being buoyed by the movie.  But $60,000 for an unrestored one was probably to much for the time when it was still an odd looking orphan vehicle.  The old line about supply and demand proved right again with the glamorization provided by the movie.  I'm sure it drove the cost of restoration on Tuckers by an equal multiple.

I remember when antique cars were antique cars, not collector cars.  Up into the mid 1970's prices were reasonable and the supply still plentiful until they became "Investment Vehicles".  At that time people with no interest in the cars became owners, restorers, flippers, and changed the hobby to a money thing.  I guess that happened to everything else too, but I still love the cars for their style and beauty and the fun of driving them, it's been a wonderful ride.

In the 1960's a tall skinny old man wearing blue work pants and shirt with suspenders stood (I remember that being the uniform of car mavens back then) next to his Model T Ford touring car and told me "Sonny, don't waste your time with closed cars." I think he was the one who stripped out a pretty nice Cord Beverly.

I didn't walk away with a great desire for a Model T, but I did walk away with a desire not to grow up and become him. Maybe times and tastes don't change so much.

Bernie

• Like 1

The only Trouble I see is none of you producing the show have shown up here and tapped the treasures that ol Dandy Dave here has revived and from the Junk Heap. ;) 90 and 100 year old stuff in many cases. Even machined and fabricated parts myself to make these old machines, and ancient buggies run again. Most of the folks walking around are dazzled that I drive a 101 year old car to the local meets instead of trailering it. Dandy Dave!   

I hope it gets renewed as well as re-run. I still say it got better and better each episode.

Steve, the story of your Olds Convertible was certainly a highlight of the season. When they showed the close up of the front of your car, I was tempted to email you and tell you that you needed to clean the bugs off of the front of your car. It made made me wonder if you and Chris managed to really get it up to some higher speeds while off camera. :D

Those are tour car bugs, they do not come out very often but when they do they make a mess of the car.  I leave them there for sentimental reasons! :)  This shoot and story were very impromptu and I had no time to clean the car.

The story came full circle yesterday as I had a nice long conversation with my good friend Charlie and he got to see the episode which was real important to me. I think it conveyed how special the car is to me and his friendship as well.  Charlie and I talked about the importance of friends versus objects and that our story may inspire others.  Fortunately my friend is very successful and was able to do this easily but it will always be one of my most cherished temporary possessions.    

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/uxdJD_U9RZk   For those fans of the show this is a panel discussion with the stars of the show and producer.  It is long but was a lot of fun.  Discovery (they own Velocity) wants the show back for another season so here hopes they can come up with the funds to put a second season on the air.  If you know of any sponsors please get in touch with the show!

This panel discussion was at AACA's 80th Annual Meeting in Philadelphia this past weekend (Feb 11-13) and moderated by me.

Will all the episodes maybe be available on a DVD?

Might be something to sell thru AACA Merchandise and a good promo at Region meetings etc.

:mellow:

• Like 2

Sorry, no one got their hands slapped, we just realize that there was one small section of the video that needed to be removed as it was a potential violation of the agreement with Velocity.  WE filmed it and never asked for permission but no big deal. The new transparent link is: 

https://youtu.be/UTFLnb2AGrA

• Like 1

As far as the DVD's, re-runs, etc. that all depends whether the production company is able to make the final deal.  It takes a lot of money to produce these shows so the sponsorships are a big deal. Several sponsors have already committed so we are hopeful that the show is a go and will get a multi-year contract.  If that happens, licensing for DVD's and Chris's Bobblehead will likely happen! :) 

• Like 3