Buick Christmas Ornaments

• 4 weeks later...

Well, gluttony surely is a sin, but balance is so important in life...  B)

My wife found the 2nd one online at Zulily.com , but I just went there to try and find it myself and would have had to sign in or register.  Since I have no other business there I'll ask Lin to see if they still are offering them.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the year is perfect!

As far as the portholes go, I'm not sure if they just didn't think they could fit 4 on there, or if it goes deeper.  For those unfamiliar with the story, the California Highway Patrol wanted cars that weren't on the menu.  They wanted the performance of the Century, but they wanted 2-door sedans, not Rivieras.  In 1956, a 2-door Century was a Riv or a ragtop, except for the CHP cars that were a special run of just a few hundred cars.

As far as I know, this was only done for the CHP.  Unless the car has CHP on the side, it would be more erroneous to put 4 portholes on a car with a post.  In other words, the error is more likely in calling it a Century, not the missing portholes.

This accounts for the 270 Model 68s built in 1955, but I have no idea how they accounted for it in '56.

post-154695-0-20549400-1452530345_thumb.

post-154695-0-94998400-1452530346_thumb.

Edited by SpecialEducation (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Have any of you guys ever seen this Buick ornament?  I had totally forgotten that I had this until I was looking for something else the other day.  Barbara got this for me in 2001 and told me that I had to have it since it was a Buick.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas  aka  Doo Dah Ville

post-99167-0-08714700-1452622395_thumb.j

Have any of you guys ever seen this Buick ornament?  I had totally forgotten that I had this until I was looking for something else the other day.  Barbara got this for me in 2001 and told me that I had to have it since it was a Buick.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas  aka  Doo Dah Ville

from post 15 above Terry, you may want to put your glasses on :D

e45e5714.jpg

• Like 1