Paint Suppliers/Types

Guest alexob53

Guest alexob53

Hi everyone,

First time posting on this forum! I was looking to paint my 90' 16V TC. It is light yellow, and currently the bonnet and boot are both peeling badly. I was wondering if generally people on the forum use a certain type and brand of paint for good results with the TC, and where people usually get these.  The car is always stored inside, and usually never driven in bad weather, so I am not worried about the resilience of the paint surviving the weather, but more about how the paint looks, feels, and making sure it doesn't fade.  Thank you for your help!  

BTW, you can see pictures of the car as the wikipedia stock image in front of the waterfall.

Alex

Hi everyone,

First time posting on this forum! I was looking to paint my 90' 16V TC. It is light yellow, and currently the bonnet and boot are both peeling badly. I was wondering if generally people on the forum use a certain type and brand of paint for good results with the TC, and where people usually get these.  The car is always stored inside, and usually never driven in bad weather, so I am not worried about the resilience of the paint surviving the weather, but more about how the paint looks, feels, and making sure it doesn't fade.  Thank you for your help!  

BTW, you can see pictures of the car as the wikipedia stock image in front of the waterfall.

Alex

http://www.automotivetouchup.com/touch-up-paint/chrysler/1989/town-[and]-country/

Here is the entire TC color chart with paint codes by various paint manufacturers.

There are many different paint systems, all do the job. It is important to use one product line thruout, from primer/sealer to top coat and to follow the directions exactly as to mixing ratios, open times etc. We use all PPG products, primarily because our local supplier rep shows up at our shop every week to keep us up to date on new products etc and to solve any technical issues we might have. For top of the line PPG base/clear figure at least $1500 for the primer, sealer, color and clear. Good paint these days is approaching $500/gallon. Folks will certainly respond that they got a "show quality" paint job using Rustoleum rattle cans but everyone's definition of a good paint job is different. In any case preparation is 90% of the job.