Leaf Spring Source?

There should be a spring shop near you, check the phone book or do a search. They can rearch and recondition your springs or make new ones if necessary. Take the car to them and let them do the job, they are equipped for it. In your case you may need to furnish shackles as they are a unique design and I don't know if the spring shops can get them anymore. They should be available from Andy Bernbaum if your local parts store can't get them for you,

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

http://www.springsnthings.com/

Springs 'n Things - they gave me excellent service and prices for several projects on at least four of my cars --  Leaf springs, Coil springs, suspension parts, as well as steering parts

Laura is very  much in-tune with our needs, and gave great advice.

Also, everything I got was "MADE IN THE USA"

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Been looking for front springs for a '36 Plymouth. Seem that the original gauge steel is no longer available but the springs could be made in a heavier gauge but that can affect ride height and tension. I'm going to contact the companies mentioned and check with them.

I'm afraid that doing repair work on an old spring would cost as much , if not more, than new springs. I was quoted $400.00 each plus shipping from Dayton Spring. I used to deal with Triangle Spring here in PA, but they no longer can build them, again no material. I hesitate to have new ones made because of the difference in material. The manufacturer could only suggest swapping out leaves until the proper ride height and tension was found. These are not for me, but for another member of this forum. If anyone has a set of matching springs for a '36 Plymouth or Dodge please let me know. I have an extra pair but they are 2 different springs and seem to have different free heights. Apparently, the other fellows spring has a several broken leaves.