Super deal on old AM radio repair....

Lebowski

I found a guy through Ebay who fixes old AM car radios really cheaply and includes a lifetime guarantee too. I was looking for an original radio for my '60 Edsel because the one in it didn't work, had no push buttons, and the knobs didn't match. Bob had one with black buttons and knobs (I needed black) which he had already repaired and played for several hours and he only wanted $35 for it plus $8 shipping from his home in Ohio. I checked his feedback and, of the last 25 old car radios he sold, only two went for over $100 and a couple sold for $10 each. The average price for the 25 auctions was $37.56 which, as you guys know, is incredibly cheap. These are working radios which, as I said before, have a lifetime guarantee. Anyway, his name is Bob Rosengarten, his email address is rrosengarten1@woh.rr.com and his user ID on Ebay is Bellbrookbob. Tell him you were referred by Dave in Kentucky with the Edsel. Here's a link to one of his auctions....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301798511285?item=301798511285&viewitem=&vxp=mtr

What kind/brand of radio did you buy from 'Bob', and how well does it work?  As you pointed out, his prices are "incredibly cheap".  This is almost too good to be true.  Hopefully, Mr. Rosengarten will be a good resource for old car radios; however, as one who has been "once bitten, twice shy", I retain a healthy level of skepticism.

Hoping for the best,

Grog