A note to ALL Studebaker owners and fans

YOU GUYS OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES! You're like kids on Christmas morning; once the initial excitement of the new toys disappears, you lose interest and move onto something else. You've done that with this website!<P>Two very dedicated Studebaker owners/lovers took the time, and it takes immense time, to set up a website FOR YOU. And at first you were all involved with sending notes, messages, wants, etc. And then you lost interest. Just look at the [lack of] messages in the last twenty days. This is YOUR WEBSITE. Without your support and without your interest it begins to fade away into nothing. <P>Have you nothing to say? Do you know everything about Studes that there is to know? Do you have all of the parts that you need to make your car(s) as complete, original, and as perfect as possible? Don't you have a box of junk in the garage that might be a treasure to some other Studebaker owner. Do you have comments on a recent trip or tour that you've been on? Never had a problem that you might want to share to help someone else out? Come on, on the telephone or in person we can't get you to STOP talking Studebakers. Let's share it with everyone.<P>Think that you have nothing to say? Take a look at the varied topics on the AACA - General Forum (link to it below). Some of what they say is interesting; some isn't. But they are sharing. Look at the number of responses to messages that they are getting. They're participating. And you should too! <P>An example: I needed a parts, service and owner's manual for my 'new' '22 Big Six. A number of you jumped right in and offered manuals, or merely photocopies. THANK YOU. With your help I have the literature that I needed. Isn't there SOMETHING that you want (or want to share)?<P>Without your continued support, this valuable site and resource will fade away. Once lost, it won't be resurrected. It's just too much work. So let's keep it going. This is a great - no, fantastic - site [don't you agree?]. Let's jump in and keep it going.

To everyone out there, just wanted to reply to these comments. Although I too wish we could could get a lot more of dialogs, and comments being posted in the forum sections (It helps give me an indication of what kind of activity the web site is getting) I feel partly to blame if their is a lack of activity in people returning to this site (hopefully they are) One of my goals was to continue adding, expanding and updating this site and I have been slow to do this lately because of changing jobs, commuting long hours and other things that go with everyday life. I have also been trying to scan in several photo albums of past meets and activities so those photo's can be posted. One of my latest goals has been to purchase a new photo scanner and try and clean up the inconsistency of the quality and size of the photo's posted on this web site. It is becoming a long and tedious process. But when I am through I hope to have more photos for all to view and all the photos looking great, and the same size so you don't have to scroll to see the entire picture. Once I have completed this I will try and continue to improve and add information to the site. Of course, suggestions, comments and advice are always welcomed. A lot of times I will miss something or make an error, and the help of the web visitors out there with comments and suggestions will only help to improve the site. Also, one big help to this site, which only serves to help all of us, is to spread the word, every time any of out there write or talk to someone or meet another Studebaker fan, mention the web site, see if they know about it, tell them to visit it, and hopefully a part for your car you have been looking for may get posted by them or someone they have told. One last thing, I think a lot of people who visit the forum section do not fully understand how to use it, I get a lot of people sending me their post, and I then post it for them, so if anyone out there reading this does not know how to use any function, let me know, I have also found that there are a lot of people who do not know how many pages and information is actually in the web site, explore! follow pages and links until you can't go any further, you'd be surprised! But most of all, lets have fun and enjoy our hobby, experiences and knowledge with each other! Thanks for the support and keep coming back to the site!<BR>Studebakerly, ASCwebmaster.<p>[This message has been edited by ASCwebmaster (edited 06-03-2000).]

Neil,<P>You are correct about all that u had said. But I know nothing of studebakers and was looking for help and you gave that to me, and I appreciate that. I still have this darn thing to sell. It's looking like exactly what u said earlier that the car is just a hot rod now and not a studebaker.

You guys have done a great job with this new site. I suspect the lack of posts may be more related to the time of year than lack of interest. I know I'm spending much more time outside (or in the garage) than in front of the computer. Anyway, I'll try to do a new post every now and then and see what happens.

Thanks for making the effort. Every little bit helps. And you're right; with the nice weather that we're having I prefer to be outdoors also but I make a couple of minutes each day to check email and a couple of my favorite bookmarked sites. <P>If you help and every one else makes the same effort we'll be rolling right along.<P>Neil

• 3 weeks later...

Rich,<P>We'd love to hear more from you. Thanks for logging on and letting us know that you're out there. <P>Because we Studebaker owners are a 'rare' breed we need each other more than the 'T' people. The 'A' and 'T' people (no joke intended) can build their cars from repro parts that are available in a catalog. We don't have the same access. We need the networking and the feedback and interaction.<P>Just this morning I went to an automotive paper fair (by the way, Jay Leno drove his green/green Dusenberg roadster - and yes, he's just a regular guy. He doesn't flaunt celebrity status and on weekends is looking for valuable 'junk' just llike the rest of us) and I met a Canadian Studebaker buff. Some great paper for sale. He too, has just recently found this website and we'll be hearing more from him.<P>Please tell us, Rich, about your '20's taxi. Which body, which engine, original, restored, location, etc. Yes, we really DO want to know. Do you have everything that you need for it? Do you have instruction manuals, owner's manuals, etc.? <P>And give us an email address so that we can keep in touch. Are you a member of the National Antique Studebaker Club? If not, JOIN! It is WELL WORTH it and Richard Quinn puts out one of the best newsletters of the collector's clubs.<P>Neil M<BR>yesterdayonceagain@yahoo.com

Well I like My car And would love to hear more from others who have ANTIQUE Studebakers. But and that's a BIG but, Owners Of *antique* Studebakers are a rare breed There are not thousands of us Like the *T* people So I can't expect as many post on a daily basis. But let It Be Known sence I found this site I Will Be Around! And I am a rather mouthy soul therefore you will se me again!!