FOR SALE 1923 MORELAND

Guest okcslim

Guest okcslim

Hey old truck lovers The wife and I just purchased a buisness 150 miles away and will be moving there. I had every intention of restoring this thing when I bought it, but now the new place has limited garage space and I'm afraid with this new buisness I will have little time for the project. Long story short I am selling this rare beauty, although some items were removed in this photo (so the would'nt be stolen) I have the complete truck, hood, original brass radiator (spent $400 having all new cores put in), fan blade, pulley and idler,2 mags, carburetor, exhaust manifold, water pump. Engine is a Hercules OBX (I do believe) date stamp on block is 4-20-23. I have $1200 in this truck and am only asking $1000. I could make a lot more if I wanted to take the time to part out but this rare beauty needs to be restored.

post-154920-0-63233600-1447789819_thumb. post-154920-0-78502600-1447789869_thumb. post-154920-0-06951400-1447789977_thumb.

Just checking to see if you received my reply , this is my 1,st post on the aaca forum , I've been a long time aaca member but new to the forum , email - roseft2113@yahoo.com and my cell is 585-739-5719 I have a 1920 Moreland truck and I'm very interested in obtaining another one since mine is missing hood , looking forward to hearing from you thank you frank

Guest okcslim

Just checking to see if you received my reply , this is my 1,st post on the aaca forum , I've been a long time aaca member but new to the forum , email - roseft2113@yahoo.com and my cell is 585-739-5719 I have a 1920 Moreland truck and I'm very interested in obtaining another one since mine is missing hood , looking forward to hearing from you thank you frank

I emailed you some pics, if you did not receive my email let me know. Thank you Frank

Guest okcslim

The truck is in Oklahoma City. The truck was recovered from a abandoned mine up in the White Mountains of California about 50 years ago by the grandfather of the guy I purchased it from. It was bought new from the plant in San Diego by Champion Mining Co to mine sallimanite for the manufacturing of spark plugs (Champion Spark Plugs). Shipped by railroad to the base of White Mountain, disassembled and hauled up mountain on donkeys. The mine closed in 1942 and the truck was left behind. That's all the history I have on the truck, but what a great history!