national judging team

carrfixr

• 4 weeks later...

Received ours Saturday and lost again dammit! lol Actually it really is an honor to be nominated. Of 3000 or so cars shown or toured in AACA in any given year only 300 or so are nominated. Still...would like to have won but I'll live, I guess.

Congrats on the nominations and good luck next year... It does seem odd to me that the final winners are picked from a picture in which many in the committee probably never even seen the contending vehicles in person.... I guess it's tough because the nominations are spread all over the country>>>>>

I think it's more luck of the draw if anything (am I wrong in thinking this? )... As you mentioned just to be nominated makes everyone a winner.....

Congratulations to all the finalist well deserved::::::

Edited by carrfixr (see edit history)

carrfixer,

You have to remember that the members of the team look at all of the cars on the showfield at every meet. Most of the team has seen each nominated car in person several times. I suspect they use the photos in addition to their notes to refresh their memory of each car.

I too thought that the process was a bit unusual when I first learned of it, but I now understand that the team members have seen the cars in person multiple times.

One of my cars was nominated a few years ago. It did not win, but I did get a nice certificate that I have around here somewhere. I think that I did not win because the car just was not as nice as the one that won. I think it probably looked as good as the other one in the photos, but not in real life. I would have had a better chance if they were only evaluating cars by looking at the photos.

Not every National Judge sees every nominee in person necessarily but the majority see most. Cars can be nominated after their first showing but I think it helps if the judges see it several times at several different meets. I  think it would be extremely difficult to pick winners since every car nominated is obviously technically qualified. We've had cars nominated 4 times over the years and won once and do consider it a real honor just to be nominated. Icing on the cake!

Received ours Saturday and lost again dammit! lol Actually it really is an honor to be nominated. Of 3000 or so cars shown or toured in AACA in any given year only 300 or so are nominated. Still...would like to have won but I'll live, I guess.

Which one of your cars was nominated this year????

Edited by carrfixr (see edit history)

I thank everyone for the replies...

Another question::::

Are vehicles that are entered in the yearly AGN meet and national meets for preservation eligible to receive a nomination for an annual award?

As I understand it, the National Awards Team reviews every vehicle at every meet, so the answer to your question is Yes.